Administration Manager at Medecins Sans Frontieres (MSF) – France
MÃ©decins Sans FrontiÃ¨res (MSF) is an international, independent, medical humanitarian organisation that delivers emergency aid to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, natural disasters and exclusion from healthcare. MSF offers assistance to people based on need, irrespective of race, religion, gender or political affiliation…
Read more about this company
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND
- Experience 3 years
- Location Abuja
- Job Field Administration / Secretarial
Duration: 2 Years contract
Job Description / Responsibilities
- Know labour legislation in force in mission country; keep her/him informed of any amendment made in labour legislation by regularly checking legislation sources.
- Know all MSF policies, procedures, tools, standards and principles regarding all staff’ (national, international, regional, etc.) working conditions, benefits and remuneration, job profiles and function grids, health coverage, etc., adapts them to the Mission reality and ensures an equitable, efficient, transparent, fair and accountable implementation by all relevant staff throughout the Mission.
- Is responsible for the proper implementation and follow up of internal regulations and terms of employment contracts of all national staff, ensuring that all staff is employed in the frame of fair labour conditions, and according to local legislation, MSF HR vision, values and principles.
- In close collaboration with HRCo, ensures regular administrative meetings with all staff throughout the mission take place in order to ensure they are aware and respect their rights and duties and to inform them of any change in Labour legislation and general employment framework which may affect them (i.e. legal amendments, changes in local practices, new HR-Admin policies or procedures, amendments to Internal Regulations, etc.).
- Is responsible to ensure that all functions and job profiles at Mission level meet with the Mission’s function grid approved by HQ and are aligned with MSF Standard Job Profiles and Function Grid.
- Is responsible to ensure that National Staff remuneration (salary, post adjustments, compensations, final settlements, etc,) and benefits (holidays, leaves, social coverage, health coverage, etc.) meet with the Mission’s salary grid validated by HQ, Internal Regulations and HR policies, ensuring MSF acts as a responsible employer at any time.
- In close coordination with the Financial Coordinator, ensures fulfillment of national legislation regarding employees’ taxes and social security at Mission level, checks that monthly declaration forms for taxes and employee/employer social security contributions are correct and sends them to the Financial Department. .
- Informs HRCo in case a legal risk is detected within her/his area of responsibilities and suggests actions to take in order to prevent it. Follows up employees’ claims and keeps HRCo informed at any time.
- Ensure that MSF, as an employer, as well as all MSF employees comply with safety and risk prevention measures as stated by local legislation and/or MSF standard policies and procedures..
- Ensure an efficient filing system (physical and electronic files) of all administrative files at Mission level, granting strict confidentiality of employees’ personal files and other administrative private documents upon request of HRCo, and ensuring preparedness in case of evacuation.
- Upon request of the HRCo, maintain regular contact with ministries, national administrations, other MSF sections and other NGOs to improve/keep up to date with administrative practices.
- Knows Homère in-depth and ensures a proper parameterization, use of the system and quality of data throughout the Mission, being her/himself the Missions’ technical reference in absence of a person specifically in charge of the system.
- Essential Degree in HR Management or Administration related studies. Master is a plus.
- 3 years’ experience in administration in a similar position.
- Local Language.
- Abuja (Nigeria) with visits to the projects.
- 208 working hours per month and roster flexibility required.
Monthly Gross salary of 618,276 NG. Plus 13th month allowance equivalent to 1 month of gross salary.
Method of Application
First Step: (This is mandatory)
Respond to this Application Form (doc)
Second Step: Submit your CV, qualifications and a cover letter with contact details to the “MSF HR Manager” via: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Only successful applicants will be called for interview.
- No monetary transactions, neither demands of favours in kind, nor other types of favoritism will be tolerated in the recruitment process.
- MSF reserves the right to refuse hiring of a candidate having benefitted from such acts. All illicit demands of these types may be pursued through the judicial system.
Interested and qualified? Go to Medecins Sans Frontieres on docs.google.com to apply