Position Title: Accountability and Planning Officer
Duty Station: Abidjan, Côte d’Ivoire
Classification: Professional Staff, Grade P3
Type of Appointment: Fixed term, one year with a possibility of extension
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
Closing Date : 02 August 2020
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
1. Responsible for the compliance of the CO programmes and activities to financial rules and regulations, including in-depth reviews of individual projects. Forecast the CO’s financial sustainability by developing and ensuring the usage of appropriate tools by own team and senior management.
2. Develop and maintain financial planning tools (including financial planning tools from the regional office) and prepare an annual budget (CO/project-specific); identify financial gaps and assist senior staff and Project Managers in the preparation of budget proposals/revisions to meet the gaps; if necessary, liaise with donors’ counterparts as well as internal stakeholders to provide technical insight on financial issues (including projects financial reports) in a way that projects credibility.
3. Analyse accounts, review and evaluate financial processes and take appropriate actions to ensure compliance of procedures with the financial regulations and rules of IOM, donors’agreements and relevant policies related to operations and management.
4. Ensure that accurate and complete reporting and internal control systems are functioning and that all relevant records are maintained. Supervise and coordinate with senior management the preparation of donor financial reports in accordance with IOM regulations and established procedures
5. Develop and oversee mechanisms or standard operating procedures that ensure daily control of funds disbursed; ensure funding is received in accordance with donor agreements; identify problematic transactions, irregularities, unusual trends in the accounts, and implement mitigation measures for any control weaknesses. Implement anti-fraud measures to safeguard IOM Côte d’Ivoire from processes and procedures that may lead to corrupt practices.
6. Contribute technical inputs for the design of and encourage strong feedback loops on the impact of financial and administrative procedures to support iterative programme design, planning, and management.
7. In support to the Chief of Mission, take the lead in supervising all human resource-related management, including but not limited to payroll (ensuring that salaries are correctly allocated to projects), recruitment, adherence to contract implementation, separation clearances, Annual leave and other entitlement travels, the correctness of all HR files.
8. Supervise the implementation of procurement, logistics, facilities maintenance, guest house administration, asset administration and transport support within established internal control mechanisms.
9. Support the training of all CO staff adherence to IOM rules and regulations. Supervise and backstop staff members of the unit as appropriate. Train other relevant staff on IOM’sadministration and finance policies and procedures. Develop and maintain a clear knowledge management and filing system.
10. Follow up on oversight reports, including on the implementation of audit recommendations.
11. Perform other duties as may be assigned. Required Qualifications and Experience:Education• Master’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Auditing or a related field from an accredited academic institution with five years of relevant professional experience; page 2 / 5
• University degree in the above fields with seven years of relevant professional experience.
• Professional certification as a chartered accountant (CA) or certified public accountant (CPA), Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA), or Association of Chartered CertifiedAccountants (ACCA) will be a distinct advantage.Experience
• Experience in Financial planning, project accounting, audit is highly regarded;
• Experience with international institutions coupled with experience with public sector accounting standards (IPSAS) and/or International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS);
• Experience in liaising with governmental and diplomatic authorities as well as with international institutions;
• Experience in west and central Africa; Prior international experience;
• Sound and proven capacity of preparing and delivering training on relevant subjects.Skills• Knowledge of International Public-Sector Accounting Standards (IPSAS) and SAP are highly desirable.
• Knowledge of IOM accounting systems, software, and procedures a distinct advantage.LanguagesIOM’s official languages are English, French, and Spanish.For this position, fluency in English is required (oral and written). Working knowledge of French is an advantage. Proficiency of language(s) required will be specifically evaluated during the selection process,which may include written and/or oral assessments.Notes1 Accredited Universities are the ones listed in the UNESCO World Higher Education Database(https://whed.net/home.php).
Required Competencies: Values – all IOM staff members must abide by and demonstrate these three values:
•Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.•Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
•Professionalism: demonstrates the ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.Core Competencies– behavioral indicators level 2
•Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
•Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action-oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
•Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
•Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
•Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains page 3 / 5 complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way. Managerial Competencies– behavioural indicators level 2
•Leadership: provides a clear sense of direction, leads by example and demonstrates the ability to carry out the organization’s vision; assists others to realize and develop their potential.
•Empowering others & building trust: creates an atmosphere of trust and an enabling environment where staff can contribute their best and develop their potential.
•Strategic thinking and vision: works strategically to realize the Organization’s goals and communicates a clear strategic direction.IOM’s competency framework can be found at this link.https://www.iom.int/sites/default/files/about-iom/iom_revised_competency_framework_external.pdf Competencies will be assessed during a competency-based interview.
Other: Internationally recruited professional staff are required to be mobile.Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to fundingconfirmation.This selection process may be used to staff similar positions in various duty stations.
Recommended candidates endorsed by the Appointments and Postings Board will remaineligible to be appointed in a similar position for a period of 24 months.
The list of NMS countries above includes all IOM Member States which are non-represented inthe Professional Category of staff members. For this staff category, candidates who arenationals of the duty station’s country cannot be considered eligible.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances.
Vacancies close at 23:59 local time Geneva, Switzerland on the respective closing date. No late applications will be accepted.
How to apply: Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via PRISM, IOM e-Recruitmentsystem, by 02 August 2020 at the latest, referring to this advertisement.IOM only accepts duly completed applications submitted through the IOM e-Recruitment system. The online tool also allows candidates to track the status of their application. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.For further information please refer to: www.iom.int/recruitment posting period:From 20.07.2020 to 02.08.2020
No Fees:Page 4 / 5 IOM does not charge a fee at any stage of its recruitment process (application, interview, processing, training or other fees). IOM does not request any information related to bank