The International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC) is the world’s largest humanitarian organization, with 192 member National Societies. As part of the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement, our work is guided by seven fundamental principles; humanity, impartiality, neutrality, independence, voluntary service, unity and universality.
Under the supervision of the Finance and Administration Coordinator, the incumbent is responsible for providing high level support to the DR Congo Office on Administration management issues to ensure efficient and effective running of the DR Congo Offices on day-to-day operations.
• Help improve the quality of services provided by Administrative team by maintaining a strong structure with clear guidelines and segregation of duties in place, aim to address the growing demands for the DRC Delegation.
• Ensure effective management, compliance of a documented system of administrative policies and procedures for the IFRC and monitor and oversight administrative operations of field offices to ensure minimum and consistent standards are applied throughout the organization.
• Maintain a strong Welcome Service that will facilitate staff movement and accommodation with proactivity with efficiency; domestic and international level.
• Manage cost effective general services that enhance productivity including transportation, accommodation, translation & interpretation, archiving and filing, health and safety, security, welcome service, travel, conferencing and other ancillary services. This includes the provision of outsourced functions when relevant (cleaning, gardening, catering, printing and security).
• Ensure that all in-coming international staff are well facilitated, and that they return all equipment, assets and any other property in their possession before they are signed off.
• Supervise the daily management of IFRC buildings, maintenance, local procurement of office equipment, furniture and consumable supplies, facilities management and ensure the development and the implementation of a green and sustainable strategy.
• Ensure that people and activities are properly insured as per the IFRC regulations and country legal requirements with the support of a local lawyer; report timely incidents to the Insurance Unit in Geneva.
• Implement standardized filing and archiving system for the country -Office and sub-offices by ensuring both method in place and maintained; physical & virtual(electronic), while promoting adherence to the same among program departments.
• Help maintain an up-to-date procedures and guidelines on housing, telephone, travel and other administrative processes as necessary and promote adherence to them.
• Ensure the effective selection and management of agreements (office equipment, leases, rental agreements…) and help maintain a sound control regarding contracting as per CAM Procedures and Safeguard signed contracts by making a follow up to update the status to “signed” on e-contract accordingly.
• Safeguard fixed assets and maintain a robust and updated asset management register.
• Ensure all utilities are settled in time and there are no service disruptions.
• Work with security delegate to enhance security in the premises.
Internal Control and Risk Management
• Initiating Lease agreements (Manual and System Contracts) for the Delegates Houses and Federation Office, taking note of expiry dates, initiating Lease extension or termination as per Agreement, sorting out any issues raised and keeping the records up to date.
• Ensure we maintain an updated inventory of all offices assets and stationeries.
• Maintain accurate registration of assets and property of the office.
• Support the implementation of Admin policies, processes, procedures and audit recommendations
• Prepare monthly reports in relation to telephones, and housing and Submit to the finance office periodically or as required.
• Assist the Finance with the monthly Leases Check List process.
• Prepare monthly reports or as required in relation to facilities, agreements, Inventories
• Follow up on payments to respective providers as per agreed deadlines to avoid service disruption
• Assist Finance team in the process of creation of F-Codes for Admin suppliers.
• Follow up quarterly about Equipment register process reports with the regional office.
- Bachelor’s Degree in business administration, Economics, Commerce, or any other relevant fields
- 4-6 years relevant working experience in administration
- Experience of commercial and contractual systems especially leases
- Work experience with other international organisations, large NGOs and/or governmental development agencies, multi-cultural environment
- Experience within RCRC is an added advantage
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure and to deadlines
- Excellent customer service
- Tact and diplomacy
- Fluently spoken and written English and French
- Good command of another IFRC official language (Spanish or Arabic) or Swahili is an added advantage