SOS Children’s Villages is a dynamic social development international organization working globally established in 1949 to meet the needs and protect the interest and rights of orphaned and vulnerable children. In Nigeria, SOS Children’s Villages was established in 1973 after the civil war as an affiliate of SOS Children’s Villages International which is a federation of 136 SOS Children’s Villages Associations world-wide. We build families for neglected, abandoned or orphaned children, we help them shape their own futures and we share in the development of their communities. SOS recruit for Administration & Logistics Officer for various locations
In fulfillment of our expansion project, we urgently require skilled individuals to fill the below vacancy:
Job Title: Administration & Logistics Officer
Locations: Lagos, Ogun, Plateau & Abuja
Position Summary of Administration & Logistics Officer
- The Administrative and Logistics Officer will be responsible for the overall management and maintenance of a well-organized and professional environment at the National Office and Programme/project’s field offices in the location advertised.
- Administration & Logistics Officer will ensure that the office is properly furnished and equipped and that all technology systems are properly functioning on an ongoing basis. Works closely with the project team to ensure appropriate infrastructure is in place to support ongoing project operations.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensures that policies and procedures are followed conferring with National Director and Programme Director/Project Manager as necessary.
- Manages schedule/calendar, makes travel arrangements, establishes internal administrative and reporting systems, and effectively handles administrative problems and inquiries as appropriate.
- Serves as primary point of direct contact and liaison with project staff on administrative and accounting procedures and liaison with external vendors and suppliers.
- Establishes and maintains hard and soft copy project files and record-keeping systems in compliance with SOS Children’s Villages Nigeria regulations and procedures. Maintains accurate documentation for supply orders and receipts for payments.
- Establishes monitoring and tracking systems for project budgets, expenditures, approvals and inventories.
- Manages the ordering and maintaining of office supplies including operating within budget.
- Maintains accurate inventory of office equipment, furniture, software, and accessories.
- Coordinates with IT support to ensure that ICT tools and devices are operational including Internet access, email, electronic filing and retrieval system, etc.
- Manages the Drivers and use of the project vehicle(s) based on SOS Children’s Villages Nigeria policies and procedures.
- Coordinates with HR support and manages the onboarding of new staff members including benefits administration and smooth transitioning or departing of employees.
- Manages the Receptionist/Front Desk Officer ensuring visitors are welcomed in person or on the telephone; inquiries are answered or referred properly; visitors are given appropriate instructions, and up-to-date programme/project employee directory is maintained.
- Prepare and submit a monthly logistics report to Line Manager.
- Maintains office security by following safety procedures, monitoring visitors’ logbook and tracking visitors’ whereabouts.
- 2-3 years of experience in the administrative field
- Spoken and written fluency in English is required.
- Excellent time management skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively in a diverse team
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented, well organized, and comfortable in a highly dynamic office environment
- Proven computer and information technology skills including familiarity with Windows, Microsoft Office Suite, Database Management, Social Media, etc.
Application Closing Date
31st July, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: In accordance with the organization’s Child Protection Policy and safeguarding guidelines, all employment is subject to applicable background checks, including criminal record checks where possible.