Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact – the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved – and is committed to continuing to improve – economies, societies and most importantly, people’s lives.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.
The Rwanda Integrated Health Systems Activity (RIHSA) is a newly awarded, three year project funded by the U.S Agency for International Development (USAID). RIHSA works to reduce the financial barriers to healthcare in Rwanda through a mix of public and private interventions. RIHSA works to improve the quality of essential health services at national, facility, and community levels utilizing a health systems approach.
Purpose of Position
Palladium seeks an Administrative Assistant for the RIHSA project based in Kigali, Rwanda. The Administrative Assistant’s overall responsibility will be providing operational and administrative assistance to the Technical staff, performing a variety of administrative, coordination and logistical services in support of activities. The position is expected to be needed through the life of the program, dependent on donor funding. Applicants are expected to have existing legal authority to work in Kigali and Palladium will not pay for relocation to Kigali. The position is expected to start in July 2020.
Role and Responsibilities
- Administration of employee benefits and allowances
- The Administrative Assistant Assist the Finance and Operations Manager in the administration of the unit’s human resource functions, such as, recruitment of project staff, processing Independent Consultants agreements, performance appraisal, administration of employee benefits and allowances
- Assists in the orientation of new staff, interns, and consultants by providing them with the necessary documents and materials for orientation
- The Administrative Assistant Update inventory records in the Master inventory and issue and distribute property in accordance with policy and procedures
- Administration and management of petty cash, and perform micro purchases
- Assist the Finance and Operations Manager to draft solicitations and technical specifications to ensure completeness, accuracy and competitive qualities, and generates bid matrix and compiles procurement documentation
- The Administrative Assistant Maintain an updated Contract Register with appropriate details for the program staff, consultants and sub-contractors including all the amendments
- Support the Finance and Operations Manager by providing the necessary audit documents to the external auditors during Palladium corporate and program audits
- Assists other team members in preparing and formatting documents, including activity and expense reports, Power Point presentations; develops and maintains an efficient electronic and hard copy filing system
- Organizes regular team meetings and conference calls/video-conferences, including the preparation and distribution of documents and providing the necessary technical devices
- Works with Program Staff to coordinate work activities, meet deadlines, and provide support where needed
- Arrange and book accommodation for staff conducting field trips. Contacting hotels to obtain estimated rates and calculates per diems
- Maintain and regularly update travel plans and budget amounts to provide an accurate overview of the Program’s travel arrangements and budget, which includes liaising with Office staff for their input
- Requests the issuance of visas / work permit
- Coordinate with motor pool for all transport arrangements for the team
- Monitor the driver schedule, and review motor vehicle log sheet and monthly summary and advise any deviations being observed
Workshops and Events
- Liaises with members of partner organizations to coordinate logistical arrangements for workshops that take place in different locations
- Supports the technical team in preparing training kits or information packages for workshops and trainings in a timely manner
Other tasks as assigned.
- Bachelor of Administration degree in Finance, Accounting or any other relevant field
- At least 1 year of experience providing admin support for local NGO partner for USAID or Other Donor funded programs
Experience with day to day logistical and technical support
- Experience in procurement and demonstrated knowledge of USAID rules and regulations for recruitment and procurement a plus
- Excellent verbal and written communication abilities and strong inter-personal skills a plus
- Demonstrated sound judgment, negotiation skills, respectful, analytical mind, attention to detail and integrity are required
- High level knowledge of computer including Microsoft office – word, excel, outlook, power point and internet