Agribusiness Consultant – Since 1963 and in 148 countries, ACDI/VOCA has empowered people in developing and transitional nations to succeed in the global economy. Based in Washington, D.C., ACDI/VOCA is a nonprofit international development organization that designs and delivers technical and management solutions in agriculture, economic growth, and resilience to promote economic prosperity and social inclusion.
Agribusiness Consultant, Liberia
ACDI/VOCA is seeking an Agribusiness Consultant to better inform the activity design, map pertinent stakeholders and beneficiaries, and identify potential personnel and partners for the anticipated USAID-funded Feed the Future initiative in Liberia. The consultant will support the home office team with on-the-ground support, reaching out to relevant networks, arranging meetings, and providing any relevant background research. Estimated duration of the consultancy is June – November 2020.
- The Agribusiness Consultant work closely with ACDI/VOCA staff to identify, target, and research specific agriculture sector opportunities
- Gather qualitative data on project implementation for USAID and Feed the Future’s recent development activities in Liberia
- Liaise with identified partners and conduct meetings with public and private sector actors including end market users, processors, aggregators, buyers, investors, GOU representatives, and other NGOs
- The Agribusiness Consultant develop recommendations for public and private sector engagement and leverage
- Synthesize qualitative data and research, interview potential stakeholders and partners in country to anticipate donor expectations, and inform project design, key areas of intervention, and areas where USAID will be open to innovation
- Assess market opportunities based on stakeholder interviews and discussion with ACDI/VOCA staff
- Work with ACDI/VOCA staff to anticipate the structure, focus, and key activities based on assessment of USAID priorities, and market challenges and opportunities
- Support with the identification of potential candidates for program staff and with the collection of cost information including but not limited to the costs of venues, office rental, vehicles, supplies, equipment, law firms, etc.
- Prepare a report summarizing analysis, findings, and recommendations
- Provide substantial input and propose technical solutions to USAID’s problem statement
- Advanced degree in business administration, agriculture, economics, marketing, or related field from an accredited university
- Minimum of 8 years of professional work experience managing Liberia’s agricultural, value chain or cooperative development projects
- Significant experience leading local research or project implementation teams, with a focus on producing time-bound deliverables
- Demonstrated knowledge of donor-funded agriculture initiatives in Liberia, USAID experience preferred
- Excellent analytical, oral and written communication skills in English
Please apply online at www.acdivoca.org/international-jobs or email your CV to BizDevExperts@acdivoca.org. No phone calls please. Only those candidates considered for an interview will be contacted. ACDI/VOCA is an equal opportunity employer. Women, minorities and people from diverse groups are encouraged to apply.