Analytics Manager – Integrate Health Remote with travel to Togo up to 25%
Are you a problem solver focused on continuous improvement? Do you love data and want to use your analysis skills to solve some of the toughest problems in global health? Do you have experience wrangling data and creating compelling visualizations? Do you speak French?
If so, you may be our next Analytics Manager and play an important role in growing our high-impact social justice organization. Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer and working closely with senior staff in the US and Togo, you will have the opportunity to build and strengthen the team and systems necessary to ensure Integrate Health is leveraging high-quality data and analysis to improve the health for our patients and the world’s poor.
About Integrate Health
Integrate Health (IH) is a small and rapidly growing global health organization working to serve poor communities in West Africa and New York. We believe that access to healthcare is a human right and we are committed to making this a reality in the countries in which we work. We have developed a primary healthcare approach that works, leveraging community health workers and improved care in public sector clinics to deliver better health outcomes and strengthen national healthcare systems. Having demonstrated our approach in a catchment area that serves 140,000 people, IH is scaling our model to cover 240,000 people by 2021 while developing evidence, through our embedded research, to support the Government of Togo in its efforts to achieve universal health coverage. Increasingly, we are also applying the lessons learned in Togo to inform healthcare delivery in the United States.
For more information on Integrate Health, please visit www.integratehealth.org.
Responsibilities of the Analytics Manager
- Analysis (1/3 FTE)
- The Analytics Manager conduct analysis and modeling to inform policy and investment decisions at the local and national levels.
- Perform exploratory data analysis to determine how to handle missing data and to look for trends and/or opportunities;
- Design and develop interactive dashboards and data visualizations to provide performance feedback to multiple levels of the organization, from community health worker supervisors to senior management;
- Conduct background research and literature reviews for specific analytic projects;
- Contribute to the development of Integrate Health reports, briefs, fact sheets, and other background documents on key
- Actively participate, lead, and support analyzing data, developing performance indicators and metrics, and implementing improvement recommendations and action plans;
2. Tools and Datawarehouse Development (1/3 FTE)
- Develop tools and best practices for managing data from cleaning to processing and storing data.
- Support the ongoing development of a data warehouse to convert financial, clinical, research, and operational data into actionable information;
- Support the selection, design, and implementation of data collection tools to streamline the acquisition of key programmatic figures;
- Produce and maintain key documentation and knowledge management tools (e.g. data dictionaries…) to ensure long-term sustainability of the implementation;
3. Process and Systems Improvement (1/3 FTE)
- Advise teams in the US and Togo on selection of fit-for-purpose data collection, integration, and visualization technologies and techniques;
- Undertake primary and secondary research and deliver data-driven insights to provide credible evidence for formulating scale strategies and improving decision-making;
- Support clinical and business process redesign/re-engineering and process improvement initiatives using methodologies grounded in Industrial Engineering, Implementation Science, and project management;
- Identify training, documentation, and capacity development needs to support the continued development of a strong team in
Required Skills and Experience
- Graduate degree in Engineering, Information Systems, Data Science, Healthcare Analytics, Computer Science, Statistics, Economics, Business, or other related field. Graduate degree requirement may be waived for candidates with a Bachelors and the completion of additional data science training such as a bootcamp;
- Ability to work in both English and French (minimum B1/B2 equivalent required);
- Programming skills such as Python, SQL, Java, R, MATLAB
- Experience with data visualization tools such as Tableau, SAS, D3.js, Python, Java, R libraries
- Ability to synthesize complex data into actionable information and clear presentations for team members and external partners;
- Love of tidy data;
- Commitment to social justice and to the fundamental rights of the poor;
- Flexibility and ability to handle the unexpected with grace and
- Experience with Alteryx, Tableau Prep or data warehouses;
- Experience working in healthcare;
- Experience working in low- and middle- income countries;
IH values include efficacy, empowerment, commitment, transparency, and respect. IH expects that the Analytics Manager will model and embody these values. While this is a new position for IH, the Analytics Manager will receive a high level of responsibility and will work alongside the Chief Operating Officer while working closely with colleagues in the US and Togo. IH commits to providing a fair compensation package, support for travel as necessary, and opportunities for professional development. The Chief Operating Officer, who will supervise this position, commits to being a supportive supervisor, listening to challenges, helping to brainstorm solutions, and providing assistance in any way possible.
Long-term part or fulltime consultants may be considered.
Please submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with Analytics Manager Application in the subject line. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. The application deadline is rolling. Interested applicants are strongly encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Integrate Health. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.