Career Opportunities-Expert Logistics Bamako,Mali
Are you aiming to work for an organization where it is worthwhile investing your personality, your skills and your time? Are you looking for a job that is exciting and has clear goals? Welcome to Welthungerhilfe!
We are one of the largest and most respected private organisations for development cooperation and humanitarian aid in Germany. As a politically and confessionally independent organisation, our value-oriented actions are always based on ethical principles. Our vision is clear: “Zero Hunger by 2030” – If you want to become part of this joint mission and support us in the fight against hunger worldwide, we look forward to receiving your application as:
Expert Logistics in Bamako
The position is to be filled as soon as possible, with an initial contract duration of two years. There are good prospects for an extension. Employment location will be Bamako, Mali.
As Logistics Expert you will be responsible for the accurate implementation of all processes related to procurement and logistics in Mali. You will also manage the logistics team of the Welthungerhilfe Country Office in Mali.
- Ensuring proper procurement of all required items by the projects in close collaboration with key staff
- Comply with all Donor and Welthungerhilfe rules and regulations
- Manage tenders, procurement and orders, including construction work
- Ensuring full transparent and corruption free implementation of contracting and subcontracting service providers
- Advising on the introduction of more efficient asset management, including fleet management
- Preparing monthly summaries on asset management and cost accounting
- Preparing members planning of all logistical staff and supporting them to manage their work more efficiently
- Setting up and training in the use and development of data systems, e.g. real time stock keeping
- A university or polytechnic degree in development cooperation/humanitarian aid, logistics or qualifications that are commensurate with this position
- At least 3 to 5 years of job related experience, preferably in the region
- Experience with planning and data collection methods
- Profound IT knowledge
- Coordination and organizational skills, even under a high workload
- Strong communication skills and ability to cope in a multinational working environment
- Willingness to travel in the region
- A very good command of spoken and wirtten French and English
We offer you the opportunity to work in a responsible and interesting field as part of an extremely dedicated team. Welthungerhilfe attaches great importance to the personal and professional development of its employees and the balance of their work and private life. Remuneration is based on our gender-independent salary scale. In addition, Welthungerhilfe offers numerous other benefits, which are listed under “Our benefits”.
Please send your application via our online recruiting system by August 9, 2020. Your contact person is Carolin Moellenbeck.