Are you aiming to work for an organization where it is worthwile investing your personality, your skills and your time? Are you looking for a job that is exciting and has clear goals? Welcome to Welthungerhilfe!
We are one of the largest and most respected private organisations for development cooperation and humanitarian aid in Germany. As a politically and confessionally independent organisation, our value-oriented actions are always based on ethical principles. Our vision is clear: “Zero Hunger by 2030” – If you want to become part of this joint mission and support us in the fight against hunger worldwide, we look forward to receiving your application as:
Head of Programmes in Bamako
The position is to be filled as soon as possible, with an initial contract duration of two years. There are good prospects for an extension. Employment location will be Bamako, Mali.
As Head of Programmes you will work on the development of the multiannual country programme under the supervision of the Country Director and contribute to its implementation and monitoring in order to maximise Welthungerhilfe’s impact on the basis of Welthungerhilfe’s strategy and quality standards. In addition, you will represent Welthungerhilfe in the country in agreement with the Country Director.
- Monitor the implementation of projects and programmes according to Welthungerhilfe quality standards, including the setup of an effective and participatory M&E system
- Identification, evaluation and commenting on new project ideas and co-financing opportunities
- Development of full proposals with a team of young expatriates
- Control of Welthungerhilfe quality standards for the appropriate planned implementation of projects and programmes
- Ensuring appropriate and timely reporting to head office and to co-financing donors
- Coordination and quality assurance of projects
- Participation in coordination panels with other relevant organisations
- Coordination and guidance of data collection (baseline studies)
- Represent Welthungerhilfe vis-à-vis other national and international, governmental and non-governmental bodies as well as relief and development organizations
- A university or polytechnic degree in humanitarian/development studies or an equivalent degree related to the position
- Several years of professional experience in the implementation and development of projects of international (aid) organisations in the region or crisis regions
- Good knowledge of planning and survey methods (incl. M&E)
- Excellent communication and intercultural skills in the advising of international and local personnel and partner organisations
- Very good analytical skills for evaluating the humanitarian and security-related situation
- Coordination and organisational skills, including ability to work under pressure
- A high level of mental and physical resilience and readiness to travel to areas with volatile local conditions
- Excellent spoken and written English and French; German language skills would be an asset
We offer you the opportunity to work in a responsible and interesting field as part of an extremely dedicated team. Welthungerhilfe attaches great importance to the personal and professional development of its employees and the balance of their work and private life. This includes flexible working hours as well as working from home. Remuneration is based on our gender-independent salary scale. In addition, Welthungerhilfe offers numerous other benefits, which are listed under “Our benefits”.
*We welcome applications from all people, regardless of gender, confession, or origin. In case of equal qualification, people with disabilities will be given preferential consideration.