Catholic Relief Services Jobs in Burkina Faso- Finance Manager, Burkina Faso
|Job Title: Finance Manager, Burkina Faso-Catholic Relief Services Jobs in Burkina Faso
Job Location: Ouagadougou, Burkina Faso
Job Type: Regular, Full Time
Reports To: Head of Operations
Catholic Relief Services (CRS)
Closing on 23 October 2020
Job Summary-Catholic Relief Services Jobs in Burkina Faso
You ensure a high level of resource stewardship, strict financial accountability and financial risk management while ensuring the effectiveness and robustness of the Country Program (CP) and relevant partners’ financial management systems, processes, and practices in support of high-quality programs serving the poor and vulnerable. You anticipate and manage financial management services needs and delivery challenges, and identify and implement improvement solutions, as needed, to minimize CP and partners’ exposure to financial risk.
Job Responsibilities-Catholic Relief Services Jobs in Burkina Faso
- Develop and manage financial processes in accordance with policies and provide proactive service delivery, advice, and support to managers, staff, and subrecipients in relation to managing the whole project cycle (Design, Start-up, Implementation, Close-out), ensuring efficiency and compliance with CRS’ policies and procedures, Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), donors’ rules and regulations, and legal requirements.
- Provide direction and coordination of effective budget development and management (Annual Program Plans and project budgets), ensuring accuracy and consistency of financial data and safeguarding of resources.
- Ensure integrity of accounting information by reviewing account issues for compliance and establishing quality control over accounting transactions and financial reporting. Oversee maintenance of supporting documentation for a reliable and easy to follow audit trail.
- Lead the preparation of accurate financial data, analysis and projections and support the Senior Management Team and Program/Project Managers in interpreting data for decision-making and effectively managing financial risks.
- Oversee the performance of accurate reporting procedures and timely submission of reports to relevant stakeholders (CP managers, Regional Office, HQ/Finance, donors, local government entities).
- Lead assessment of staff and subrecipients’ financial management capacity, ensure capacity strengthening on finance policies and regulations, as needed, and monitor and measure impact.
- Effectively manage talent. Provide coaching, strategically tailor individual development plans, and complete performance management for direct reports.
- Lead efforts to close audit financial management findings in a timely and sustainable way.
Scope: Finance Manager will supervise four staff and will manage CP’s total program value approximately at least $10m per year.
Typical Background, Experience & Requirements:
Education and Experience
- Master’s degree in Accounting, Finance or a related field, or MBA with a focus on Accounting preferred, or equivalent relevant experience and Bachelor’s degree. A professional certification in Accounting or a related field highly preferred.
- Minimum of five years’ experience in a similar position, preferably with an International NGO. Knowledge of the relevant public donors’ regulations highly preferred
- Substantial budgeting, budget/expense analysis, and accounting experience.
- Knowledge of local law in the area of taxation and local regulatory reporting procedures.
- Staff management experience.
- Strong experience in presenting and facilitating on financial management topics.
- Proficient in MS Office packages (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio), Web Conferencing Applications. Knowledge of Insight financial accounting package or similar financial reporting software highly preferred
- Excellent analytical skills with ability to make sound judgment and decisions
- Very good planning, monitoring and organizational skills
- Ethical conduct in accordance with recognized professional and organizational codes of ethics
- Proactive, resourceful, solutions oriented and results-oriented
- Ability to work collaboratively
Required/Desired Foreign Language: English and French
Travel Required: 10%
Key Working Relationships:
Supervisory: Deputy Finance Manager, Grant Accountant, Finance officers
Internal: Country Representative, HoOPs, RFO, HOP, Program Managers and Chief of Party, Procurement Manager, Administrative Manager, HR Manager, IT Manager and other Support Managers, Finance Staff, HQ Finance, DRD/MQ and PQ, Compliance Manager.
External: Banking Institutions, Government Entities, Donors, Subrecipients, Suppliers and External Auditors
Catholic Relief Services carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. We welcome as a part of our staff and as partners people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need