Collaboration, Learning, Adapting and Evaluation Specialist
– International Business & Technical Consultants, Inc. (IBTCI), a U.S. based international development consulting company established in 1987, has worked in over one hundred countries and implemented over three hundred projects. IBTCI serves government agencies, private sector companies and several donor agencies. IBTCI specializes in Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) across many sectors including, but not limited to, conflict and crisis, democracy and governance, economic growth, education, environment, and global health.
Job Title: CLA/Evaluation Specialist
Department/Location: Tunis, Tunisia
Reports To: Deputy Chief of Party
Type: Regular Full-Time
Overview: International Business and Technical Consultants Incorporated (IBTCI) is seeking a CLA/Evaluation Specialist to support the USAID/Tunisia and USAID/Libya Monitoring and Evaluation Services (METAL) Project for a period of approximately from January 15, 2020 – February 15, 2022 . USAID/Tunisia and USAID/Libya require technical support for the achievement of their country strategy goal and development objectives (DOs) by assisting their efforts to gain and apply knowledge derived from monitoring, evaluation, and learning (MEL) to inform their program and strategy decisions. USAID/Libya also requires third party monitoring. In addition to providing monitoring and evaluation (M&E) support, the candidate must have knowledge and understanding of USAID’s collaboration, learning and adapting (CLA) framework.
Essential Duties/Tasks and Responsibilities:
● Responsible for providing guidance to USAID/Tunisia and USAID/Libya on monitoring, including data quality assessments (DQAs), evaluations, assessments, and CLA efforts
● Manage the design of methodologies and tool development for USAID evaluations, monitoring, assessments, CLA activities, and monitoring of projects and activits.
● Manage the implementation of monitoring, evaluations, assessments and learning activities
● Develop statements of work (SOWs) for short-term technical assistance (STTA) and sub-contracts, and, as required, for evaluations, assessments, CLA activities, DQAs, and monitoring assignments.
● Ensure agreement with client on all assignment SOWs to ensure METAL fulfills client requirements for all deliverables
● Manage STTA and sub-contractors assigned to evaluations, assessment, monitoring, DQAs, and CLA efforts
● Ensure that short-term technical experts and evaluation and assessment team members recruited under this task order are of high caliber and possess commensurate technical expertise
● Assist and manage evaluations across different sectors, including democracy and governance, economic growth, public financial management, environmental compliance, youth engagement, gender integration, inclusive development, stabilization, and others as required
● Participate in organizational reflection and learning opportunities, such as special studies
● Develop materials and facilitate training of USAID and implementing partner staff in various MEL subjects
● Lead and/or participate in after action reviews and partners’ meetings
● Ensure CLA is incorporated into research design and methodologies
● Facilitate collaborative planning sessions to finalize learning activities that address learning questions at the mission
● Expand the network of professionals and institutions that collaborate on performance management and evaluation and assessment tasks for the contract
● Manage all fiduciary duties in a responsible and professional manner
● Serve as the project Security Focal Point and liaise with the HO Security Director
● Other duties as assigned
● At least (6) six years with a Master’s and at least (8) eight years with a Bachelor’s;managing, leading or participating in monitoring, evaluation, and assessment assignments for international development donors, including experience with MEL training, and USAID programming
● Demonstrated experience carrying out evaluations and assessments to inform design and management decisions and keep assignments on track towards delivering timely, high quality deliverables to the client
● Demonstrated experience leading a multidisciplinary, cross-cultural team in quantitative and qualitative evaluation methods
● Excellent organizational and English writing skills and a demonstrated ability to deliver a quality written product that meets client standards
● Excellent English oral communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills
● Oral and written fluency in English at Level 4 by the International Language Roundtable
Education: Master’s degree preferred in either economics, business administration, international development, social science research, data analytics, or related field of study.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Working Environment: Work is typically performed in an office environment.
Physical Requirements: This is largely a sedentary position that requires the ability to speak, hear, see, and lift small objects up to 20 lbs.
Supervisory Responsibility: This position does not have supervisory responsibilities.
Travel: An average of 10-25 percent travel within Tunisia for assignment implementation and/or assignment management duties may be required, including to fragile and conflict affected areas of the country. Percentages may vary depending on METAL’s needs.
Work Authorization: Candidate must be authorized to work in
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Apply Here : https://careers-ibtci.icims.com/jobs/2641/job