The Communication Consultant will contribute to finetuning the Malawi country communication strategy and workplans, provide communications support to project managers, research scientists, technical support staff, and a wide range partners. The Communication consultant will work closely with the Regional Communication Specialist in CIP Regional Office in Nairobi.
- The Communication Consultant review and finetune a communication outreach plan for Malawi in line with CIPs and the projects long- and short-term communications goals;
- In line with the branding guidelines agreed for the projects (or of the lead Center), take a lead in the production of project or country-specific publications, including print, web materials in the form of articles, reports, briefs (policy), posters, information packets, and other project documentation;
- The Communication Consultant Support the planning and implementation of field visits (from HQ and the region) for the development of high impact video, photographic and feature stories;
- Work with the project teams and the regional communication specialist in sourcing blog stories about project activities, achievements, outputs and impacts for different media outlets and audiences to reflect the work and impact of the projects;
- The Communication Consultant Edit, proofread and summarize project documents, and write articles about project work, as requested;
- Liaise with HQ and Regional Specialists in CPAD (e.g. communication specialist, editors) for producing, publishing, and printing of project materials;
- Maintain a record of partnership communications and assist to prepare and organize outreach programs and activities;
- Work with appropriate media outlets (radio, television, newspaper) to enhance visibility of CIP Malawi activities.
- Ensure CIP and Donor Communication and Visibility guidelines and policies are strictly adhered to.
- Participate in meetings of the Country Communication and Visibility Committee and the KULIMA and DeSIRA project specific C&V committees.
- Contribute to the CIP-wide communications community of practice, sharing and communicating work updates and lessons, participate in department learning, reviewing, and planning activities and ensure that these activities follow the center’s standards and agreed channels.
- Perform any other tasks from time to time as may be assigned by the chair of the Malawi Communication and Visibility Committee.
Requirements for Communication Consultant
- A Bachelor’s degree in communications or related field of specialization;
- A Master’s degree is an added advantage;
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in editing, blogging, use of Web 2.0 and new media tools;
- Experience working as a journalist at a reputable media outlet is an added advantage;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to relate effective with agricultural research and development institutions;
- Experience in supporting communications and media relations in the area of agricultural or environmental research for development is an added advantage;
- Ability to read, synthesize complex technical information to produce clear, well-written summaries;
- Ability to present and package scientific information into various formats to suit specialist and non-specialist audiences;
- Proficiency in Microsoft office packages;
- Knowledge of and skills in photography and photo editing;
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative, work independently, and attention to detail;
- Excellent English language skills, both written and spoken.
Apply Here : https://recruit.zohopublic.com/recruit/PortalDetail.na?iframe=true&digest=ytYfxFjwDefd6FnbsIRmrTIOFsefphEVTG6URVzuayI-&jobid=268451000009460065&widgetid=268451000000062008&embedsource=CareerSite