Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact – the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved – and is committed to continuing to improve – economies, societies and most importantly, people’s lives.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.
Project Overview and Role:
Palladium seeks a Component 1 Lead for the anticipated USAID-funded Business Egypt project. This activity will increase income and employment in Egypt, with a focus on youth and women, by assisting the Egyptian government and private sector to encourage new entrants into the market and help firms grow and expand by raising firm-level productivity. The activity will: a) promote the growth of Egyptian micro, small, and medium-sized firms by building on USAID’s work to improve access to business development and financial services and partnering with the private sector to catalyze new investment and expansion that includes increasing their skilled workforce; and b) improve policies and regulations that affect firm-level productivity.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
The Component 1 Lead will report to the COP. S/he will promote the growth of and assist new and developing SMEs.
- Provide technical and management support to promote the growth of new and existing SMEs
- Promote the integration of SMEs into value chains
- Design and lead activities to improve women, youth and vulnerable population access to employment and business advisory services
- Leverage and develop private and public sector relationships for SME development activities
- Share results and contribute to monitoring, evaluation, and learning with project leadership, Palladium, and USAID
- Contribute to effective internal and external project communications
- Conduct other duties as assigned
- Advanced degree in business, economics, marketing, finance, or other closely related fields
- Prior work experience in assisting and growing SMEs, in Egypt preferably
- Prior experience working with donor funded projects
- Prior senior management experience collaborating with Egyptian institutions promoting SMEs
- Experience working directly to increase participation of vulnerable groups in market opportunities
- Experience working with accelerators and incubators, preferably in Egypt
- Experience supervising personnel and ensuring they acquire the necessary training and skills to meet evolving program needs
- Strong leadership, program, organizational management and oral and written communication skills
- Fluency in Arabic and English required