The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA) is a not-for-profit institution that generates agricultural innovations to meet Africa’s most pressing challenges of hunger, malnutrition, poverty, and natural resource degradation. Working with various partners across sub-Saharan Africa, we improve livelihoods, enhance food and nutrition security, increase employment, and preserve natural resource integrity. IITA is a member of CGIAR, a global agriculture research partnership for a food secure future.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Consultancy Services: Enable TAAT Liaison Officer
Project ID No.: 2100155036067
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
Financing Agreement reference: P- Z1-A00-016
July 25, 2020 – August 8, 2020
- This request for expression of interest follows the General Procurement Notice for this project that appeared on the African Development Bank Group’s Internet Website(www.afdb.org) 16th August, 2018.
- The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA) is implementing the ENABLE-TAAT Compact, financed through a grant from the African Development Bank toward the cost of the Technologies for African Agricultural Transformation (TAAT) Program and intends to apply part of the proceeds for this grant to facilitate payments under the contract for individual consultant, Enable TAAT Liaison Officer.
- The Consultant will serve as project Liaison Officer implementing ENABLE-TAAT activities in location of operation by Identifying business opportunities and prospective potential successful business alliances Supervising and monitoring developed enterprises in Abuja by providing regular analysis of the agribusinesses alongside the project Business Development officer and M&E officer.
- The Consultant will also coordinate the compilation of information for the preparation of progress reports, implementation reports and other substantive reports of the location of operation as required; Provide input into the preparation of annual project work plans and budgets.
- He or She will coordinate the delivery, collation and submission of project financial and progress information in a timely and comprehensive manner to the compact coordination team; organize and supervise incubation activities and reporting such activities; Contribute to the development and packaging of agribusiness planning materials for the ENABLE-TAAT compact in close interactions and collaborations with compact coordination team and other TAAT program compacts; Manage monitoring of youth and agribusiness databases in relation to the various established enterprises
- The desired consultant should possess B.Sc. / HND in Agricultural Science / Extension Services and other related courses with at least (2) years of relevant job experience from International organizations / NGOs / donors preferably linked to tropical agriculture or International development.
Application Closing Date
7th August, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Interested consultants may obtain further information at the address below during office hours (0800-1630hrs). Expressions of interest should be delivered to the address below on or before the closing date above, to:
Attn: Chrysantus Akem; PhD,
TAAT Program Coordinator | Program Management Unit,
International Institute of Tropical Agriculture,
Headquarters & West Africa Hub,
Oyo Road, Ibadan 200001,
Oyo State, Nigeria.
International Mailing Address:
IITA, Carolyn House, 26 Dingwall Road,
Croydon, CR9 3EE, UK.
Tel: +234 2 7517472 | USA Tel: +1 201 6336094 | Fax: +44 208 7113785 | Mobile No: +234 8169020531
Email: C.Akem@cgiar.org Skype: (bobesancte)
- Interested individual consultants must provide comprehensive curriculum vitae information indicating that they are qualified to perform the services including a description of similar assignments done and experience in similar conditions.
- The consultants will be selected in accordance with the procedures set out in the Bank’s October 2015 edition of the Bank’s Procurement Policy framework 1. The assignments shall be for a duration of one year and is expected to start on August 17, 2020.