Consultants to Review and Analyze National and Regional Agricultural Policies and their Impact in Africa,Nigeria ,Uganda, Mauritania, Mozambique, Guinee Conakry, Tanzania, Zambia, Ghana and DRC – July 2020
July 26, 2020 – August 4, 2020
AATF is an international not-for-profit organization that facilitates and promotes public/private partnerships to promote food security and enhance livelihoods of smallholder farmers in SSA. AATF works with African governments, private and public technology owners and developers, NGOs, seed companies and African small holder farmers to identify and access technologies that address farmers’ key problems and empower them through availability of a choice of agricultural innovations that generate wealth and health for their families and communities. AATF is a registered charity under the laws of England and Wales and has host country status with the Government of Kenya. The Foundation depends on the ongoing support and collaboration of different partners and investors to meet its objectives.
Functions / Key Results Expected
Summary of Key Functions on PBR Cowpea and NEWEST Rice Projects:
The Programme Officer is expected to:
- Assist in the implementation, monitoring and evaluation of all project activities carried out at partner institutions
- Reporting to the CPM/RPM and AATF Stewardship Manager, develops and implements Stewardship Plan for the PBR cowpea & NEWEST Rice projects
- Provide the required attention to all activities required to build understanding and confidence for the project, including field visits, procure lab supplies, follow-up responses, and reports.
- Facilitate capacity building activities for the projects implementation team and other stakeholders.
- Collaborate with all stakeholders for the smooth delivery of planned activities and achieving the objectives and targets of the project;
V. Recruitment Qualifications
Master’s degree in an Agricultural discipline or any other related and equivalent disciplines from a recognized institution;
Minimum of 5 years’ experience in the research and development & dissemination of agricultural products, conversant with issues related to the biosafety and regulation of genetically modified crops.
Fluency in English with working knowledge of French