CRS Jobs Egypt is looking for field Officer – LSI.The CRS Egypt country program began in 1956 at the invitation of the Egyptian president Nasser by providing relief assistance to the victims of the Suez War. Over the following few decades,
Catholic Relief Services (CRS) works in a wide variety of areas within the humanitarian and development fields, regardless of race, creed, religion, or gender, to advance our mission to assist the poor and vulnerable. Our team reflects this diversity.
CRS Egypt moved from large-scale food relief to long-term poverty alleviation and development programs.
Currently, CRS Egypt has three main programs: livelihoods, interfaith peacebuilding, and education assistance for refugees. Projects under these programs range from the provision of technical assistance and capacity building to partners, the promotion of peace and tolerance, the provision of educational grants for refugees, and the protection and safeguarding of children.
CRS Egypt currently holds a main office in Cairo, and a sub-office in Maadi. With an objective of serving vulnerable communities through community-based hubs located in 6th of October and Ain Shams.
CRS livelihoods program is currently funded by the US Government through Bureau of People, Refugees, and Migration (BPRM) to support the business start-up for refugees and asylum seekers of all nationalities in Cairo. The support is through business and legal trainings, provision of start-up grants and ongoing post-grant support to ensure sustainability of businesses.
Job Summary:CRS Jobs Egypt
You will assist project implementation by working directly with applicants, local partners, and community members, coordinating various project activities and events in support of Catholic Relief Services’ (CRS) work to serve the poor and vulnerable. Your service and community relations skills ensure that the local partners and communities feed into and benefit from the project that consistently applies best practices and continuously works towards improving its impact. Under the supervision of the Project Officer you will facilitate all livelihood field activities and support other functions.
· Responsible for outreach, intake, and selection of project participants, as well as training, follow-up coaching and social support activities.
· Deliver and monitor outreach activities including awareness sessions, through different channels to promote for the project and outreach interested candidates.
· Conduct interviews through home visits and meetings to select potential entrepreneurs who are interested in starting up their own businesses.
· Conduct entrepreneurship, business, and marketing trainings for all project applicants and beneficiaries.
· Provide recommendations to Project Officer on training quality and curriculum as they evolve through time.
· Support the coordination and monitoring of project activities at the field level, ensuring implementation schedules are met as per the detailed activity plan, and that adherence to systems for quality project implementation are strengthened.
· Support beneficiaries throughout the project life cycle, helping them to apply techniques promoted in the training, problem-solve during the implementation of their business plan, and conduct regular data collection for project progress monitoring. This is conducted through different activities that include but are not limited to follow up calls, field visits, coaching, peer support etc.
· Provide customized technical support to beneficiaries who require more hands-on approach, assisting beneficiaries on-the-job as they identify suppliers, conduct negotiations, purchase business inputs, and do day-to-day problem-solving.
· Maintains beneficiaries’ records by reviewing case notes; logging events and progress.
· Coordinate communication and facilitate information sharing among the project team, implementing partners, and project beneficiaries at the community level to assist local partners in strengthening the community interest, involvement, and support networks.
· Coordinate, monitor, and report on consultant activities.
· Compile data provided at the community level as per project requirements and contribute to the preparation of reports, assessments, and evaluations.
Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning Support:
· Collects quality data using MEAL tools on a timely basis.
· Manages database to ensure accessibility and reliability of information.
· Communicates key project information and results with community members, colleagues and stakeholders.
· Contributes to reflective community-based conversations on ongoing project interventions.
· Shares insights and perspectives based on observations and interactions with community members, colleagues and stakeholders.
Required Background and Experience:
Education and Experience
· Graduate degree in a directly related field.
· Two years of work in community development and mobilization.
· Previous experience in delivering training topics related to entrepreneurship, business, marketing, negotiation, project designs, etc.
· Additional education may substitute for some experience.
· Experience with word processing, data entry into online databases and forms, and working with various office equipment.
· Experience in MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) and information management systems. Proficient in Word.
· Observation, active listening, and analysis skills with ability to make sound judgment.
· Good interpersonal skills and the ability to interact effectively with diverse groups.
- Proactive, results-oriented, and service-oriented.
· Appropriate time management skills with ability to work on multiple tasks.
· Personal ability to deal, in a humble and dignified way, with a vulnerable segment of beneficiaries.
· Good interpersonal skills and ability to work smoothly in a multi-cultural environment while building good teamwork spirit.
· High tolerance rate for working under pressure and dealing with diversified cultures and tense situations.
Required/Desired Foreign Language Excellent command in English and Arabic.
Travel Required Some travel required to site visits and training locations within Greater Cairo, estimated at 80%.
Key Working Relationships:
Supervisory: Consultants (Based on need). **
Internal: Project Officers, Quality Officer, Administrative Assistant, MEAL Field Officer, MEAL Project Officer, Senior Project Officer, Program Manager, and other programmatic support positions.
External: Local and international organizations, service providers, community leaders, and other local actors. **
Agency-wide Competencies (for all CRS Staff):
These are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results.
· Continuous Improvement & Innovation
· Builds Relationships
· Develops Talent
· Strategic Mindset
· Accountability and Stewardship
Disclaimer: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.
CRS’s talent acquisition procedures reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
Equal Opportunity Employer