Data Scientist Abuja or Berlin
We’re looking for motivated data scientist to support our innovative health system logistics initiatives from our headquarters in Berlin or Abuja. You’ll help collect and manage data from our growing health logistics network to provide key operational inputs and insights that drive our operations, shape our products, and ultimately strengthen health systems.
Your mission will involve exploring data from operational systems for managerial and product development insights, developing models which drive health commodity distribution for maximum access across the network, as well as responding to requests for specific extracts and reports, and investigating data quality issues alongside our business, technology, and health teams to help identify and diagnose problems and opportunities.
- Professional experience in automated data analysis and manipulation for medium-large data sets
- Expert spreadsheet skills, including descriptive statistical analysis, develop pivot tables, use advanced formulae
- Professional experience using statistics for data analysis and decision support (distributions, statistical testing, regression, etc.)
- Experience working with nosql databases (couchdb, elasticsearch a bonus)
- Excellent communication skills and ability to play multiple roles in a team
- Scientific mindset, and proven ability to decompose and distil complex problems into clear testable components
- A deep curiosity about the live sources and implications of data
- 4+ years work experience in data analysis or related field, including considerable professional experience working in a team
- Strong mathematical background
- High creativity and problem solving abilities
- Language skills: English (fluent)
- Supply chain management experience
- MS or BA/BS related to statistics, or comparable work experience
- Professional experience using Github as a primary source control system, and git-flow as a primary workflow
- Experience applying statistical machine learning techniques to real-world problems
- Experience with business intelligence systems
To Apply send CV to firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.