Main Purpose of Job:
The main purpose of this role is to deputise for the Post Security Manager in all aspects
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
Deputise the Post Security Manager in all aspects and leave cover, including but not limited to the following:
- Day to day management of High Commission security.
- Overall management of the BHC security team, including planning, rosters, briefing on local and regional issues, training and development, staff appraisal.
- Oversight of the outsourced security guarding contact, liaising with the contractor’s staff and management, feedback and recommendations to BHC management on performance of contractor against KPIs and agreed actions, liaison with UK-Based staff on residential guarding and security issues.
- Responsibility for monitoring and provision of equipment, e.g. radios, CCTV, alarm and access control systems, with support of the security contractor and others.
- Act as first point of contact with difficult visitors/members of the public.
- Liaise and maintain good working relations with the Ghana Police Service.
- Ensure good information management in line with FCO guidance.
- Provide support for Post Security Officer (PSO, who is the Deputy High Commissioner) and Deputy PSM.
- Implement security procedures.
- Point of contact for all staff on security related issues.
- Stock Control of security equipment.
Resources Managed (Staff and Expenditure):
- Internal Security team and Security equipment.
- IT Skills using Microsoft Office Software (Outlook, Word & Excel).
- Must have a valid driving licence.
- Experience in a security-related role.
- Experience in managing a team.
Learning and development opportunities:
The British High Commission in Ghana takes learning and development seriously. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to develop many core and transferable skills through both formal and informal learning and development opportunities. Members of staff are encouraged to make use of the learning and development opportunities that the office has to offer.
This is a full time position.
- All applicants must be legally able to work in Ghana with the correct visa/status or work permit.
- The successful applicant will demonstrate that they meet the requirements under Ghanaian law to work in Ghana.
- The British High Commission in Accra is an equal opportunities employer, dedicated to inclusivity, a diverse workforce and valuing difference.
- Staff recruited locally by the British High Commission in Accra is subject to Terms and Conditions of Service according to local Ghanaian employment law.
- Reference checking and security clearances will be conducted.