Reports to: Marketing Manager, DISC
*Must be authorized to work in Kenya
Who we are:
Population Services International (PSI) is the world’s leading non-profit social marketing organization. We work to make it easier for people in the developing world to lead healthy lives and plan the families they desire. We’re reimagining healthcare, developing health market systems where more consumer voices, at all income levels, are shaping the development of increased consumer choices – where technology-driven, affordable, quality drugs, devices, diagnostics and information move closer to peoples’ communities and homes. We believe consumer-powered healthcare is a cost-effective sustainable path toward health for all without financial hardship.
There are over 8,000 “PSI’ers” around the world. We are a diverse group of professionals and entrepreneurs with an unusually wide range of backgrounds – all with unique skills we bring to the job.
As part of the project DISC (Delivering Innovation in Self-Care), the Design Coordinator will support the team in designing, prototyping & scaling innovative ways to deliver self-injection to consumers in Uganda & Nigeria. The Design Coordinator should be a creative thinker who is not afraid to reject the status quo and try something new. They will lead & participate in using Human Centered Design (HCD) to address various programmatic challenges as well as supporting new challenges posed by the program teams.
• Oversee the design process for the first wave of design cycles, including day-to-day coordination of the design agency & project teams to ensure timely delivery.
• Work with the research, marketing, and implementation teams to identify relevant insights and information gaps in available data and expand on the existing data set through qualitative research with consumers, providers, stakeholders & relevant community members.
• Participate in research and immersion sessions, using insights to design meaningful, creative, and impactful prototypes for testing
• Inform the innovation development/ prototype design phase to increase field practicability:
-Participate in innovation sessions and prototype design session.
-Review and recommend field implementation strategy for innovation/ prototypes to reflect experienced realities in the field
• Assist in process documentation for all innovations/ prototypes conducted and ensure learnings are brought forward between design cycles to refine prototypes
What are we looking for?
It would get us excited if you are/ have:
• An initial degree with at least 2 years of experience preferably in a design agency
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel
• A dynamic individual with demonstrated critical thinking and is solution oriented
• Open minded and willing to work through different ideas
• Logical and able to measure programmatic success against both quantitative and qualitative indicators
• Creative individual who is a good team player and methodical in process
• Strong communication, organizational and time management skills
• Ability to work professionally with external and internal stake holders –PSI/staff, providers, Interpersonal Communication agents, community leaders, beneficiaries, partner organizations
• Significant knowledge and experience of human centered design processes will be an added advantage
How to apply
Interested applicants should apply online no later than August 12th, 2020.
Applications will be screened on a rolling basis until a suitable candidate is identified.
• References will be required
• The service is expected to start in September 2020.