East Africa Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist – International Business & Technical Consultants, Inc. (IBTCI), a U.S. based international development consulting company established in 1987, has worked in over one hundred countries and implemented over three hundred projects. IBTCI serves government agencies, private sector companies and several donor agencies. IBTCI specializes in Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) across many sectors including, but not limited to, conflict and crisis, democracy and governance, economic growth, education, environment, and global health.
Assignment Title: East Africa M&E Specialist
Department/Location: Crisis, Conflict & Governance, East Africa
Technical Point of Contact: Assessment Team Leader
Overview: IBTCI is recruiting an East Africa M&E Specialist to support a potential opportunity with the African Union (AU) to review the Inter-Government Authority on Development’s (IGAD) 2015-2020 strategy. This position will be contingent upon award of contract.
Responsibilities of East Africa Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist
Scope of Work:
- The East Africa Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist Contribute to the development of the assessment methodology, design, and analysis plan
- Contribute to the development of data collection tools, e.g., interview instruments
- Support the development of the analytical techniques to be used in analyzing the qualitative data
- The East Africa Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist Conduct interviews with key stakeholders that work in and with IGAD in-person and/or remotely as necessary
- Support the analysis of data and the development of key findings, conclusions, and recommendations
- Provide key and specific regional and conflict context interpretation of key findings, conclusions, and recommendations
- Analyze Assessment findings and support the Team Leader in interpreting findings and drafting the assessment report.
- Support the Team Leader in communicating results to assessment stakeholders including presenting findings as required.
Serve in the above consultant capacity to support the IBTCI technical practices of Crisis, Conflict & Governance, Agriculture & Food Security & Economic, Education & Growth and Global Health and/or Business Development divisions.
- This position does not authorize/require the consultant to directly communicate with IBTCI clients.
- This position does not authorize/require the consultant to have decision making authority on final work product.
- Experience in conducting assessments for international development programs
- Knowledge of IGAD and its strategy
- Knowledge of the AU strategy in East Africa
- Knowledge and experience with governance programming in insecure and fragile environment
Education: Advanced degree in International Development or Conflict related field preferred. Bachelor’s degree in relevant field required.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
The East Africa M&E Specialist should demonstrate the following expertise:
- At least five years of experience in conducting assessments, including experience in Key Informant Interviews
- Demonstrated experience in designing and overseeing complex evaluations and assessments
- Strong background in statistical analysis and experience working with qualitative and quantitative data using statistical software such as Atlas.TI
- Strong writing skills
- At least 3 years working in or with projects related to East Africa
- English language proficiency and reporting skills
Supervisory Responsibilities: This position does not have supervisory responsibilities.
Travel: International travel may be required and may include travel to fragile or conflict prone zones.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Apply Here : https://careers-ibtci.icims.com/jobs/2638/job