ECODIT is an international development ﬁrm working with governments, businesses, and local communities to advance environmentally- and socially-responsible development around the world.
We provide technical assistance services ranging from quick-turnaround assessments and evaluations to design and implementation of long-term multi-million-dollar projects. Since its founding in 1993, ECODIT has provided professional services through more than 250 projects/contracts to diverse clients in more 50+ countries. Building on our track record of success, we have continuously expanded the depth and breadth of our expertise in the water, energy, environment, and urban and local governance sectors.
ECODIT is an international development ﬁrm seeks applications from qualified Liberian nationals for a variety of long-term, and short-term positions for a number of upcoming project activities funded by the US Agency for International Development (USAID). These activities will focus broadly on conservation and natural resource management in Liberia, and they are expected to each last five years.
ECODIT seeks qualified candidates to support a range of activities over the life of the project, per the following requirements:
- A Bachelor’s Degree (or equivalent) in International Development, International Affairs, Public Policy, Public Administration, Economics or other relevant field and a minimum of five (5) years of experience working on donor funded activities; experience supporting USAID projects preferred;
- Experience working in one or more of the following technical areas:
- Climate Change Mitigation
- Land Tenure and Management
- Formalizing Customary and Communal Land Rights
- Policy Development
- Sustainable Development
- Natural Resource Management (NRM) and Governance
- Private Sector/Public Sector Engagement
- Forestry Management
- Wildlife Trafficking
- Biodiversity Conservation
- Economic Growth and Development
- Sustainable Landscapes
- Alternative Livelihoods Development
- Gender and Social Inclusion
- Strategic Behavior Change Communications (SBCC)
- Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL)
- Project Management
- Administration and Finance
- Strong project management skills, along with highly developed interpersonal skills, analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills in English; and
- Professional level fluency in one or more of Liberia’s local languages is preferred.
To apply, please send a cover letter and updated resume/CV in English through the “Our Jobs” page of ECODIT’s website. Please note that positions are contingent upon contract award. Applications will be received and reviewed on a rolling basis. Applicants who fail to meet the application criteria may be disqualified. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. No phone calls please.
Call for Experts – Liberia