The overall objectives of the TA is to contribute to meeting the general objective of the Boost Africa Project that is to enable and enhance entrepreneurship and innovation across Africa in a commercially viable way and to address a current gap in the Sub-Saharan market, by providing early stage venture capital paired with skills development.
The specific objective of the Boost Africa TA Pool aims to support the development of the supply side of financing for innovative early stage SMEs and Mid-Caps in Africa by strengthening the operational capacity of the Financial Intermediaries and their portfolio Final Beneficiaries.
Funded through grant capital, the TA Pool will likewise provide its services to fund managers and their portfolio enterprises as grants.
By directly strengthening the human capacities, performance, networks and visibility of the Boost portfolio the program also supports the establishment of a robust venture network across sub-Sahara Africa to support the growth and sustainability of SMEs, and enhancing employment opportunities for youth and women.
A special focus is put on catalysing further private sector investments, achieving commercial returns, creating high value jobs and supporting African Entrepreneurship.
The main scope of the Key Expert 2 will be to ensures quality and relevancy of Boost TA services for portfolio enterprises and act as a resource and mentor for portfolio entrepreneurs:
- The Enterprise Level Business Developer Engages with portfolio entrepreneurs and their respective fund managers to assess needs and coordinate the delivery of relevant, best-in-class TA services
- Ensures appropriate, cost effective and timely delivery of services under the program
- Engages directly with lead key experts to ensure consistent, high-quality services
- The Enterprise Level Business Developer Provides mentorship to provide guidance to entrepreneurs
- Manages global experts for program delivery, as well as Boost conference and workshop participation
- The Enterprise Level Business Developer Provides program monitoring and assessment
- Ensures alignment with EIB and Boost program priorities
- Ensures compliance with EIB procedures
- Dedicated contact for inquiries from entrepreneurs
- Functions as deputy Team Leader in absence of Key Expert 1
Following qualifications are expected:
- Master’s Degree or equivalent educational degree in business, economics, law, science or engineering;
- Fluency in English and good working knowledge of French.
- 10 years international experience is required
- 5 years in the area of investing, organizational development, research, private sector/business development, business growth strategies preferably with similar projects
- 5 years professional experience in working with and/or managing IFI/donor (e.g. EIB, EBRD, WB, AFDB, AFD, EC etc.) financed TA development projects
- 5 years of hands-on experience in advising start-ups and/or SMEs for business development as well as working with business consultants providing capacity building services.
- ACCA, CFA certification will be an asset
Florence Coantic Coantic@gfa-group.de