Project description for Expert for Energy Efficiency in Buildings
This assignment is part of the technical cooperation (TC) project “Renewable Energy and Energy Efficiency in the Public Sector” (REEEPublic). The project aims to improve the framework conditions for RE and EE and promoting them in order to reduce the energy costs of public institutions. It will support decision-makers and administrations at national, regional and district level. The five outputs to which the project will contribute are:
- Output 1: The Ministry of Energy (MoE) and other responsible institutions have the decision-making basis for operationalising the amended Renewable Energy Act (REA).
- Output 2: The regulations for energy efficiency in buildings have been improved.
- Output 3: The objectives and content of the initiative to promote EE and RE in public institutions are defined
- Output 4: At the national, regional and district levels, measures are designed to improve EE and to use renewable energy in public institutions.
- Output 5: The skills and expertise of private and public sector professionals in the fields of EE and RE are improved.
- The Expert for Energy Efficiency in Buildings Overall responsibility for and pro-active management of the advisory package of the Contractor
- Providing, based on his/her professional experience profile and education advisory services on selected tasks
- The Expert for Energy Efficiency in Buildings Preparing in consultation with the AV the mission schedule including specifying mission objectives for the short-term experts from the short-term expert pool
- Ensuring the coherence and complementarity of the services of the Contractor with other services delivered by the project at local and national level
- Strategy formulation, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of capacity development measures for local public and private sector partners outlined under Output-5 (capactiy developement)
- Consideration of cross-cutting themes (e.g. gender equality)
- Personnel management, identifying the need for short-term assignments within the available budget, as well as planning and steering assignments and supporting short-term experts
- Ensuring results monitoring is conducted and regular reporting
- Responsibility for controlling the use of funds and financial planning in consultation with the AV
- Supporting the AV in updating/adapting the project strategy, in evaluations and in preparing a follow-on phase
- Maintaining contact to other development partners
- University qualification (Diplom, Master) in energy, engineering, economics
- Good English language skills in a professional context (equivalent to C2 according to CEFR)
- 15 years of professional private sector experience in the building or energy sector
- 10 years proven experience as consultant on EE subject areas. 5 years familiarity with energy efficiency in buildings.
- 15 years of management experience as project team leader or manager of a private sector company with at least 10 employees
- 10 years of experience in projects in Africa (incl. 5 years outside Ghana)
- 6 years of proven working experience in DC projects
- Proven participation in Capacity WORKS training (can be completed at a later date) and 10 years’ experience in financial management
Florence Coantic Coantic@gfa-group.de