FAO Jobs in Ghana-Field Programme Associate, Accra, Ghana-2020
|CALL FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
Closure Date: 28/Sep/2020
Organizational Unit : RAF
Job Type: Staff position
Main Purpose-FAO Jobs in Ghana
The Field Programme Associate plays a lead role in the coordination of field programme/project support services. He/she performs a broad range of programme, planning and budgeting activities requiring in-depth analysis and interpretation of relevant policies, procedures and practices. The incumbent provides procedural guidance to managers and staff in the Office.
Supervision Received/Exercised-FAO Jobs in Ghana
The Field Programme Associate reports to the Programme Planning and Budget Officer.
The Field Programme Associate maintains a wide range of contacts with managers, staff and stakeholders inside and outside the Organization. The incumbent collaborates closely with colleagues in the Regional, Subregional and Country offices and relevant headquarters departments, ensuring the quality and consistency of programme and project support services.
- Ensure effective operational support to the FAO field programmes and projects executed in the Office; ensure consistency with the Organization’s operational requirements and the FAO’s rules and regulations;
- Participate in the identification, formulation and preparation of programme, project and workplan proposals in line with the new Project Cycle Guide; participate in the preparation of draft project documents; ensure high quality and consistency;
- Ensure that the necessary financial and human resources are in place and that the appropriate goods and services are procured for the effective functioning of projects, in collaboration with others on the project team;
- Coordinate the monitoring and review of project implementation to ensure that all operational activities are carried out in line with the work plan and the project document; coordinate the review of inputs, expenditures and time frames; identify inconsistencies and delays and, when necessary, propose corrective measures to overcome operational constraints;
- Accompany field visits to project sites and/or accompany project managers and/or experts in their meetings with donors and government officials;
- Coordinate the collection, maintenance, distribution and consolidation of technical and operational data. ensuring that all project-related data and documentation is up-to-date in the Field Programme Management Information System (FPMIS): analyse and summarize data from various sources, including FAO corporate systems, draft periodic or ad hoc management reports, verify data, answer queries and obtain additional information on transactions and operational matters;
- Prepare and finalize correspondence of operational nature regarding programme / project matters; initiate correspondence to verify data, answer queries, and obtain additional information on transactions and operational matters, as required.
- Ensure appropriate recording and administrative processing of requests and inputs for FAO’s assistance received by Government, donors or other organizations.
- Review current processes and make recommendations to improve programme/projects’ operational and administrative procedures.
- Perform other duties as required.
Impact Of Work-FAO Jobs in Ghana
The incumbent’s work impacts directly on the smooth and efficient operations of the field programme/project activities of the Office. He/she plays a lead role in the coordination and provision of the programme operational support services for the successful achievement of the Office’s mandate.
CANDIDATES WILL BE ASSESSED AGAINST THE FOLLOWING
Education: Secondary School Education. Specialized training in project management and programme operations
Experience: Five years of experience in administrative/ financial/ planning/ programming/ budgeting activities for both Regular Programme and Projects
Languages: Working knowledge (Level C) of English
IT Skills: Ability to effectively use standard office software, such as MS Office (Windows, Word, Outlook, Excel, Power Point, Exchange). Ability to effectively use project management software and other information systems /databases
- Results Focus
- Building Effective Relationships
- Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
- Extent of trainings in project management support and programme operations support
- Extent of knowledge of corporate information systems such as Oracle, COIN (Country Office Information System) and FPMIS (Field Programme Management Information System) is an asset
- Knowledge of the communication and documentation management standards
- Knowledge of administrative procedures and policies
- Knowledge of organizational structure
Desirable Qualifications And Skills
- Familiarity with FAO and/or UN field programme management procedures and guidelines is an asset
Working knowledge of French
Assessment-FAO Jobs in Ghana
Evaluation of qualified applicants may include an assessment exercise and a technical / competency-based interview.
FAO staff are expected to adhere to FAO Values of Commitment to FAO,
Respect for All and Integrity and Transparency
- FAO does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview, processing)
- Please note that FAO will only consider academic credentials or degrees obtained from an educational institution recognized in the IAU/UNESCO list
- The length of the appointment for internal FAO candidates will be established in accordance with applicable policies pertaining to extension of appointments
- Selected candidates need to reside within commuting distance from the FAO office. ‘Commuting distance’ means the distance within which staff members can travel daily between their place of work and their residence.
- No international benefits will be payable as selected candidates are recruited locally and paid in the local currency of the office location
- Other similar positions may be filled from this vacancy notice
- For additional information visit the FAO employment website: http://www.fao.org/employment/home/en/
REMUNERATION A competitive compensation and benefits package is offered. For information on UN salaries, allowances and benefits, click on the following link: http://www.un.org/Depts/OHRM/salaries allowances/salary.htm
HOW TO APPLY
- To apply, visit the recruitment website at Jobs at FAO and complete your online profile. Once completed, please apply and submit your application, with language certificates as attachments. Only language proficiency certificates from UN accredited external providers and/or FAO language official examinations (LPE, ILE, LRT) will be accepted as proof of the level of knowledge of languages indicated in the online applications. FAO reserves the right to request candidates to undertake a language test in the future, as appropriate
- Incomplete applications will not be considered
- Only applications received through the recruitment portal will be considered
- If you need assistance please contact: Careers@fao.org
FAO IS A NON-SMOKING ENVIRONMENT