Finance and Operations Officer – Development Alternatives Incorporated (DAI) is an international development company. For more than 45 years, we have worked on the frontlines of international development, tackling fundamental social and economic development problems caused by inefficient markets, ineffective governance, and instability. Currently, DAI is delivering results that matter in some 80 countries.
Our development solutions turn ideas into impact by bringing together fresh combinations of expertise and innovation across multiple disciplines. Our clients include international development agencies, international lending institutions, private corporations and philanthropies, and national governments.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Code: 5213
Location: Nigeria (Sub-Saharan Africa)
Duration: 13 Months
Application from July 15, 2020 – July 25, 2020
Job Summary for Finance and Operations Officer
- The Finance and Administration Officer will be responsible for daily performance of various financial and administrative support tasks. S/He will ensure compliance with DAI procedures, the Fleming Fund regulations, and agreement requirements.
The Finance and Operations Officer will support the Finance and Operations Manager to carry-out the following:
- Provide front desk customer service for the project.
- Set up financial related meetings and draft minutes for initial review by the Finance and Operations Manager.
- Ensure timely and proper filing of all administrative and finance-related documents.
- Liaise with DAI Nigeria to ensure proper maintenance of the office building.
- Review and vet invoices and receipts for processing and payment.
- Ensure timely payment of all bills, invoices, payments and reimbursements.
- Ensure timely entry of day to day financial transactions.
- Contribute to the preparation of the office annual budget.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
Skills and Qualifications
The suitable candidate will be an entry-level accountant/business administrative/public administrative personnel with at least 3-5 years’ experience in one or a combination of the following areas:
- Knowledge on finance/economic/business administration.
- Having performed similar functions in project for non-governmental organization is required.
- Experience working with government particularly Ministry of Health/Agriculture/Environment and international non-governmental organizations, or bi- and multi-lateral agencies or UN agencies is a clear advantage.
- Ability to communicate and coordinate with government, and national and international non-government stakeholders, and UN agencies.
- Ability to work efficiently and effectively in an IT environment.
- Strong coordination, communication, and interpersonal aptitudes.
- Fluency in English.
- Sensitivity to cultural differences and understanding of the ethical issues surrounding surveillance in Nigeria.
- This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties.
- DAI will only contact candidates that are successful at this pre-qualification stage.