Financial Analyst Lagos,Nigeria – July 2020
Sparkle is looking for a Financial Analyst to join our team. This role will be an integral part in helping us scale the financial management of the business. You will spend your days conducting economic, financial and/or statistical research and analysis to support Sparkle in reaching our financial goals sooner by implementing strategies that generate more wealth and reduce costs.
To be successful in this role, you must use their analytical mindset to analyze and interpret financial data, then relate it to potential business trends and issues. You must feel comfortable being a strategic thinker and using insights discovered to communicate important themes and discoveries to company leadership.
Insights & Reporting:
- Prepare monthly financial reports and variance analyses (actuals versus budgeted/forecasted)
- Prepare and interpret financial document summaries, investment performance reports and income projections
- Review Sparkle’s financial accounts on a regular basis to understand if business performance, economic changes or situational concerns necessitate changes in their plan.
- Assist with monthly closes to ensure accurate financial results and reporting
Financial Policies, Guidelines & Protocols:
- Contribute to the development and delivery of financial policies, guidelines and protocols to ensure Sparkle is compliant with regulations and good financial practice
- Provide recommendations on existing financial procedures, processes and precedents
Information & Business Advice:
- Provide strategic advice across a variety of financial products and services for both Sparkle as a business and our customer base
- Recommend strategies for Sparkle on investment planning, cash flow management and other areas to help the business achieve our financial objectives.
- Contribute information to business cases to quantify current costs, justify project investment, and identify the return on investment.
- Keep abreast of the latest industry trends and ensure compliance with all industry rules and regulations
Accounting & Finance
- Preparation of Budget, budget control procedures and forecast figures, variance analysis, liquidity planning and steering with approved KPIs.
- Preparation of Value added Tax, Withholding Tax and Stamp Duty schedules and ensure adherence and strict compliance to filing with appropriate tax authority on a monthly basis.
- Bachelor’s degree required (Finance, Accounting or Business/Economics)
- Professional qualification such as ACA, ACCA, CFA are added advantage
- 2+ years minimum experience in investment banking or corporate finance
- Excellent financial management and analytical skills, with deep demonstrated understanding of financial modeling and analysis tools
- Must be data-driven and take initiative in developing new measurements and metrics
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing
- Highly proficient in Office Suite (Excel, PowerPoint and Word) and PowerBI
- Ability to manage multiple priorities