Ghana NGO Job for Project Officer-Climate Change Ghana- Fairtrade and Cadbury have been working together in Ghana since 2009 under the Cadbury Cocoa Partnership (CCP). In 2012
Ghana NGO Job for Project Officer-Project Officer-Climate Change-
ABOUT THE FAIRTRADE – MONDELEZ PROJECT-Ghana NGO Job for Project Officer
Fairtrade and Cadbury have been working together in Ghana since 2009 under the Cadbury Cocoa Partnership (CCP). In 2012, CCP was continued by Mondelēz international after it was created from Kraft Foods but changed the name of the sustainability programme to Cocoa Life.
The Cocoa Life programme focuses on 3 areas: Sustainable Cocoa Farming Businesses, Empowered Cocoa Communities and Conserved and Restored Forests.
In 2016, the Cocoa Life – Fairtrade partnership was created, moving “beyond sourcing,” based on partnership principles.
In 2020, the Climate Change and Organisational Strengthening Programme (CCOSP) was launched, with the aim to support the cocoa farmers in the Mondelēz Ghana Cocoa Life programme to become more resilient against changing climate and to ensure the ongoing viability of the Cocoa Life unions.
Tackling climate change to enhance the resilience of the cocoa landscape through strengthening the cocoa farmer cooperative unions, societies and their communities is one of the key workstreams of programme.
The programme will focus on empowering the cocoa-growing communities to develop and implement Community Adaptation Action Plans (CAAPs) with the climate-smart lens, incorporate adaptation measures into the existing Community Action Plan process as well as broader community development plans including the premium plans community thereby transforming these into Community Adaptation Action Plans.
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF THE POSITION-Ghana NGO Job for Project Officer
Create awareness of the impacts of climate change, support the development and implementation of the CAAPs. Build and maintain relationships with a wide range of stakeholders including government, community, and actors in the cocoa supply chain.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES-Ghana NGO Job for Project Officer
- Project Implementation and Planning:
Together with the SPO coordinate the overall implementation of the activities of the climate change workstream as per the annual work plan (AWP). Ensure an inclusive, participatory and transparent implementation process; as well as to ensure the delivery of resources and results according to planned targets.
- Prepare inputs and regular updates to detail programme specific work plans, action plans, issue and lessons learned in partnership with the implementing unions, societies and target cocoa-growing communities and stakeholders of the programme.
- Provide support to Senior Project Officer in the conduct of thematic training on Climate change, Organizational Strengthening and other relevant training for unions, societies and key stakeholders
- Support the timely mobilization of project communities, project activity implementation service providers in accordance with the AWP.
- Provide requisite technical advice and information to unions and society leaders as well as community animators especially the components related to CAAP development at the community level.
- Provide technical expertise, coordinate, supervise, and assure the quality of the work of unions, societies and communities to ensure planned deliverables are met in good quality and in a timely manner as per the AWP
- Conduct field-level training and awareness creation activities on climate change, Climate Smart Agriculture and natural resource management and other capacity building as well as institutional development for unions, societies and communities, local government, and other key stakeholders.
- Conduct follow-up visits to the communities to provide coaching/mentoring support to unions, societies and community animators for training and CAAP development.
- Actively work with the Cocoa Life gender and social inclusion Implementing partner to develop and implement strategies to promote gender equality and social inclusion as part of the CAAP development process.
Programme Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning:
- Prepare accurate and reliable field activity reports in close coordination with the SPO.
- Support in data collection to contribute to and support the full implementation of the M&E system – in close coordination with the MEL officer.
- Support the SPO and the Project Manager in the preparation of timely reports on progress, achievements, and challenges,
Ensure identification, documentation and synthesis of experiences, good practices and lesson learned under the programme for organizational sharing and learning and contribute to the development of relevant knowledge products, knowledge networks and communities of practice
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE-Ghana NGO Job for Project Officer
Required Knowledge and Experience
Relevant tertiary qualifications at least 3 years of solid experience implementing projects in one or more of the following fields: Climate Change, environmental conservation or management/ science/ planning/ sustainability/ natural resource management, forestry and community engagement.
Working knowledge of climate change adaptation and experience especially in the cocoa sector in the delivery programs in the context of government policies, processes and procedures and community attitudes.
Proven project management skills including the demonstrated ability to deliver agreed outcomes, and demonstrated time management and organizational skills, with proven ability to prioritize competing demands
Strong community mobilization and relationships building skills.
Effective communications skills and ability to establish good working relationships with Farmer-Based organizations and communities.
Demonstrated openness to change and ability to solve problems and manage complexities.
Ability to travel under harsh conditions within the project operational area whenever required.
Excellent team-building skills.
Fluency in English and Twi are essential.
How to apply
To apply for this position please download the recruitment application form on our website www.fairtradeafrica.net (CVs will not be accepted). Completed applications should be e-mailed email@example.com not later than Sunday, 20th September 2020
All applicants should state how they meet essential requirements of the job in the application form, and should include email address and telephone contact details in their applications.
Qualified applicants will be subjected to a background check as a condition of employment. If you have any queries, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call +233 24547770 and ask to speak to a member of the project team.