GIZ Jobs in North Africa-The Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH is a state owned organisation. We work worldwide in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development.
GIZ International Services (InS) is an integral division of GIZ. We offer the experience, the regional and technical know-how of GIZ in the global market and provide international clients with expertise in terms of economic and result-oriented services.
The project is an integral part of the German-Tunisian partnership for reform and contributes to the objectives of the „Compact with Africa“. Governance in Tunisia, as explicitly defined in the reform matrix, shall be improved. The focus lies on strengthening performance orientation in the public sector by introducing a system of performance evaluation for civil servants and by certifying public training institutions.
Combined with a forward-looking human resource planning in the public sector, a new evaluation mechanism which will be based on objective criteria shall improve career development of civil servants. Simultaneously, it will clarify training needs and improve transparency in the development of staffing plans/staff appointment schemes in the Tunisian civil service.
Your tasks- GIZ Jobs in North Africa
- Supporting the head of project in planning, implementing and monitoring project activities
- Advising Tunisian partners in the field of „Introducing an evaluation system for civil servants“
- Organizing and accompanying the reform process by way of a design-thinking process
- Writing terms of references for external national and international experts and consultants
- Monitoring external service delivery
- Organizing good coordination with national stakeholders
- Creating a professional network of experts in the area of public administrative reform, civil service reform and certification
- Organizing a European-Tunisian cooperation of public sector training institutions and exchange of best practices
Your profile- GIZ Jobs in North Africa
- University degree in public administration, economics, law or comparable studies
- Experiences in an European and/or transition country, especially in the area of administrative reform, civil service reform, or reform of public training institutions
- Work experiences in a German and/or European administrative unit or training institution will be an advantage.
- Very good advisory skills
- Very good written and spoken French is a must, very good German is an advantage
- Capacity to work in teams, inter-cultural sensitivity, diplomatic skills, organisational skills and flexibility
- Access to professional networks in the field is an advantage
Under the following link you will find information about living and working in Tunisia.
The security situation is tense. Tailored security risk mitigation measures are in place for GIZ staff in country. GIZ staff must adhere to security measures at all times. Please also check the county-specific information provided by the German Federal Foreign Office. GIZ runs a professional security risk management system in the field of deployment. The freedom of movement is restricted.
GIZ does not impose any restrictions on life partners and family members to move with you to the country of deployment. We kindly ask you to inform yourself which forms of relationships are legally and socially accepted in the country of deployment.
At the site of operation the particulate pollution occurs to be many time higher than the European acceptable limit. As part of the selection process and during the recruitment examination you will be informed of appropriate protective and behavioral measures.
GIZ operates worldwide. As part of the GIZ team, you are prepared to take on international assignments and pass on your expertise.
This job is suited to a full or a part-time position.
Please understand that we can accept and process in principle only applications via our E-recruiting system. Following the confirmation of your successful application, kindly check your spam / junk mail folder on a regular basis, since some provider classify emails from our recruiting system as spam.
GIZ would like to increase the proportion of employees with disability, both in Germany and abroad. Applications from persons with disabilities are most welcome.
You can get an overview of our benefits packages here.
A prerequisite for the conclusion of the agreement is the lifting of the restrictions currently in force in the company on the possibilities for travel and business trips in order to contain the worldwide spread of the COVID-19 virus.