Health Informatics and Database Officer Kampala. The Health Informatics / Database Officer will add value to the documentation of essential health reports and deliverables to ensure high quality and accurate information to organizational decision-makers
|Health Informatics and Database Officer Kampala
Location: Kampala, Uganda
Serve as project point of contact for designing multi-purpose database architecture, identifying automation opportunities and creating efficient process flows for complex data assets that will provide stakeholders with a comprehensive understanding of the issue being studied; design, implement and maintain database programs that enable users and managers to update, retrieve, and arrange data within a specific database; provide data analysis, interpretation, and consultation to maximize the use of Pathfinder administrative data in order to support needs of senior management and operational management.
Key Job Outcomes-Health Informatics and Database Officer Kampala
- Create and develop essential organizational reports using infographics and analyses to support strategic objective outcomes and facilitate decision making.
- Design database architecture, coordinate with users and program manager to determine common needs and functions, writing database manuals, determine data organizational methods, provide technical support and train database users
- Serve as project point of contact on the planning, design, and creation of complex data sets from national HMIS and DHIS2 with a strong understanding of data architecture, automation and efficient process design
- Integrate data to produce descriptive, diagnostic, predictive and prescriptive analytics to provide insight into project performance and impact.
- Working with data quality assessment and USAID SITES teams to apply data science principles, such as data cleansing, preparation, analysis, interpretation, and visualization.
- Maintains a working knowledge of current analytical methodologies and their use and application in departmental reports.
- Leverages analytical and data visualization tools, such as Tableau, to improve efficiency and facilitate decision making.
Minimally Required Job-Specific Competencies-Health Informatics and Database Officer Kampala
- Flexibility to work within a multi-cultural interdisciplinary team across various project themes.
- Ability to gather and present information to support project management and related documentation
- Excellent ability to collaborate and communicate across departments and disciplines in-person and social media interactions.
- Solid soft skills to include focus, curiosity, agility, humility, and communication.
- Ability to work independently and autonomously.
- Must be comfortable operating in a collaborative, shared leadership environment.
Minimally Required Organizational Competencies:
- Project Planning, Management: Mastery-level skill in project planning and management.
- Software Applications: Mastery of knowledge of Microsoft products, including MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook.
- Languages: Advanced writing and speaking skills.
- Communication: Advanced oral and written communication skills using different forms of media, especially reports.
- Influencing and Customer Service Skills: Advanced influencing and diplomacy skills. Advanced customer service skills.
- Organization, Planning and Multi-tasking: Proven ability to set priorities, meet deadlines and multi-task with minimal supervision.
- Self-Management and Teamwork: Ability to work independently or as a member of the team, ability to be detailed-oriented, and ability to manage stress effectively in a fast-pace environment.
- Global and Cultural Effectiveness: Ability to communicate, collaborate with diverse stakeholders and achieve operational outcomes.
- Matrix Management: Ability to thrive in a matrixed organization.
- Confidentiality: Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information in a discreet and professional manner.
Required Education, Training and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer-related field (computer science/Informatics or mathematics or statistics) is required; Advanced degree is a plus
- Strong knowledge of SQL, Java and Visual Basic in addition to training in specific database systems including DHIS2, MySQL, SAP, PeopleSoft and Oracle.
- A minimum 3 years of demonstrable experience within the Healthcare-IT industry and/or demonstrable IT-knowledge managing large data sets.
- Uses cellular and desk phone; laptop or desktop computer
To Apply: Candidates who meet the above requirements should send a cover letter indicating the job title in the subject line to the Human Resources Manager USAID/Uganda Family Planning (FPA) and a detailed CV indicating current and expected gross salary, telephone contacts and three of the most recent referees: preferably supervisors to email@example.com