Project description of Health Systems Expert
The overall objective of the African Health Diagnostics Platform (AHDP) is to contribute to the improvement and availability of diagnostic and laboratory services for low-income populations of Sub-Saharan countries, through the creation of functioning partnerships, possibly in the form of public-private partnerships (PPPs). The platform envisions providing financing instruments to support the business model of private sector-based laboratories
The aim of the project tendered out is to support AHDP with the identification, preparation and implementation of investment projects including subsequent monitoring of individual projects through studies and technical assistance at various stages of the project cycle. Moreover, the transfer of know-how in project development, project management and financing techniques to the Promoters, to enhance talents and skills of local human resources within government institutions, also constitutes one of the expected results.
In addition the project will identify any potential gaps between women and men’s access to diagnostics, the availability of diagnostics for diseases that are particularly prevalent among women (e.g. HPV, cervical cancer, anemia, HIV/AIDS, other forms of cancer, etc.) and the feasibility and market opportunity for expanding the availability of such diagnostics.
Investments will first focus on Ghana, Rwanda, Ethiopia, Kenya and Senegal. Another four Sub-Saharan countries are to be selected.
Project activities are to be performed in the target countries. This concerns a multi-country project and duty station is to be determined. A maximum of 20% working days can be spent outside the target countries (home office).
Contact me with your CV for the full terms of reference. Fentener@gfa-group.de
Qualifications and skills
·Master’s degree or equivalent academic degree in a relevant discipline such as health economics, health policy, or health systems.
·Fluency in written and spoken English.
·Working level knowledge of French.
General professional experience
• At least 15 years of relevant experience in health systems, preferably within the development context.
• Experience in francophone Sub-Saharan African countries would constitute an advantage.
Specific professional experience
• 5 years professional experience in preparation and implementation of investment projects including procurement and consideration of legal framework.
Evidence of the following pre-requisite skills as demonstrated through the implementation of at least 3 projects, out of which 1 should be done in the last 3 years:
– Specific knowledge of Sub-Saharan African healthcare markets and public sector work practices and culture.
– The Health Systems Expert Demonstrated direct negotiation experience with Sub-Saharan African ministries of Finance and Health.
– Experience in building and executing financial and partnership structures.
– Experience of health investment projects preparation and implementation requirements, including adherence to relevant guidelines and legislation such as procurement, environmental and social policies.
Alvean Fentener email@example.com