Creative Associates International is a dynamic, fast-growing global development firm that specializes in education, economic growth, democratic institutions and stabilization. Based in Washington, D.C., Creative has a field presence in more than 15 countries with a strong client portfolio that includes the U.S. Agency for International Development and the State Department, among others. Since its founding in 1977, Creative has earned a solid reputation among its clients and is well-regarded by competitors and partners alike.
Position Summary: Human Resources Manager
Creative Associates seeks a Human Resources (HR) Manager for an upcoming education project in Nigeria, which seeks to improve student access to school and literacy outcomes in a language they use and understand in Grades 1-3 in select areas of Nigeria, equitably and sustainably. The HR Manager oversees and manages HR issues on the project.
Reporting and Supervision:
This HR Manager reports to the Operations Manager.
- The Human Resources Manager Review CVs and application information and prepare short-list for any vacancies;
- Schedule interviews;
- Organize and assist in conducting interviews alongside senior management;
- Write minutes of the interview proceedings;
- Orienting newly employed staff to the project’s Abuja Office;
- Prepare and provide new employee documents containing Creative rules and regulations;
- Process and compile employee records confidentially and accurately in files;
- Work with Team Leaders to ensure employees who go on leave fill in Leave Forms;
- Ensure individual employees fill in and submit Time Sheets on time;
- Reconcile Timesheets with information on Leave Forms;
- Ensure all employees are on Medical Insurance, together with their eligible dependents;
- Ensure all queries and challenges faced by employees regarding their medical insurance are attended to by the Insurance Company for clearance;
- Monitor contract renewals and ensure performance evaluation is completed;
- Provide information as required by Compliance Officers/Auditors during the control/audit exercise;
- Perform general administrative duties like mailing and receipt of internal and external mail for the administration, courier service arrangement and if needed give assistance to faxing, photocopying and making sure that staff contacts are updated;
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Human Resource Director (Creative Home Office); and
- Prepare minutes for staff meetings.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- BA/BS degree in relevant field highly desired;
- Three (3) years of prior relevant experience in Human Resources Management;
- Previous experience working on programs funded by international donors (preferably USAID);
- Strong communication skills; and
- Fluency in English and local languages required.
Application closing date not specified
Local nationals are strongly encouraged to apply.