Humanitarian Jobs-The Alliance for International Medical Action ALIMA, Dakar, Senegal Recruits Program Desk Manager
Skill Required: Project/ Programme Management
Preferred Experience: 1 to 3 Years
Closing Date for Applications: 23rd August, 2020
Job Description-Humanitarian Jobs
The responsibilities of the PR revolve around the following seven main axes:
- He is responsible for the strategies on the missions that are under his responsibility; the PR is directly responsible for the operational aspect of each of these strategies
- He is the guarantor of effective security management on the missions under his responsibility; in the event of a security problem, he is the focal point at headquarters
- It provides field support for security management, project implementation and more generally the implementation of country strategies.
- It supports partnerships set up in countries in order to better achieve operational objectives, whatever the types of partnership (with national or international organization, etc.).
- He actively participates in the reflection on the role of ALIMA and the operational and strategic orientations of the association.
- He manages HR aspects related to team management and recruitment.
- He is responsible for the overall financial visibility of his operations and the financial contribution to the functioning of ALIMA.
Description of responsibilities-Humanitarian Jobs
He is responsible for the strategies on the missions that are under his responsibility; the PR is also directly responsible for the operational aspect of each of these strategies
- The Humanitarian Jobs- Decides on the orientations of the project, the objectives and the resources allocated
- Is responsible for finding funding for its projects and for supporting Heads of Missions for negotiation with funders located locally, or directly for funders located in the region.
- Present to the Management Committee the openings and new orientations. After discussion, final validation goes to the Director of Operations.
- Is responsible for the annual project plan formulated in the project document, including the results of the previous year, the objectives of the projects, the research objectives, the objectives of the partnership and the objectives in terms of funding.
He is the guarantor of effective safety management on the missions for which he is responsible; in the event of a security problem, he is the focal point at headquarters
- It comes with support for various teams to ensure a sufficient understanding of the context of intervention as well as security issues
- It ensures that the different media necessary for good security management are implemented on all assignments and projects
- Support and facilitates the search for ways to implementation of safety recommendations
It provides field support for security management, project implementation and more generally the implementation of country strategies.
- Ensures that the objectives, expected results, means and indicators are known by the ALIMA Country Representatives.
- Ensures that the desk team works in support of the fields
- Ensures that the sites have the necessary means to implement the project.
- Follows the context of the countries for which he is responsible and is responsible for the safety of the ALIMA teams in the field. He decides on an evacuation after discussion with the head of mission and operations management.
- Is responsible for the regular evaluation of the results of the program, the reorientation if necessary and the adequacy of the means. He is responsible for communicating to ALIMA headquarters and to partners the results and results of projects carried out in the countries under his responsibility.
It supports partnerships set up in the countries in order to better achieve operational objectives, whatever the types of partnership (with national or international organization, etc.)
- He maintains a privileged relationship with the heads of national organizations and ensures that the objectives and resources of the projects are jointly decided as well as the appointments of the project coordinators (responsible for implementation).
- It defines the respective responsibilities within the partnership.
- He validates the MOUs with the Director of Operations or the people to be involved.
- He is familiar with the “platform” project and integrates the objectives into his projects.
He actively participates in the reflection on Alima’s role and operational and strategic orientations
- He participates in the construction of Alima’s operational plan through his analysis of situations encountered in the field.
- He is involved in discussions related to the development of Alima. He participates in meetings with the executive and the boards of partner NGOs.
- He actively participates in the liveliness of internal debates and exchanges (feedback, positioning of ALIMA, etc.)
He manages HR aspects related to team management and recruitment-Humanitarian Jobs
The Programs Manager, as DESK manager, is also called upon to manage his team on a daily basis:
- Organization of internal and external communication at DESK,
- Follow-up and support for the people of his team, including country representatives, using the tools at his disposal
- Organization of its service (necessary adaptations, etc …)
- Organization and planning of the meetings necessary for the activity and team cohesion
- Carried out recruitment interviews for CP, CDM positions in particular, as an operational technical referent
He is responsible for the overall financial visibility of his operations and the financial contribution to the functioning of ALIMA.
- Responsible for the efficiency and overall financial visibility of operations and for the teams, he works in close collaboration with the Head of Finance Desk, the CFO and his team, and he advises the Heads of Mission on these issues.
- Works in collaboration with the CFO and his team on the planning and monitoring of his team’s budget, and in particular on the re-invoicing required for the operation of ALIMA as a whole.
- Responsible for finding and negotiating financing to enable ALIMA to perform quality medical operations that correspond to our own objectives. To this end, he works in close collaboration with the head of the donor service, his team, the Heads of Mission and the Director of Operations.