International Organization for Migration jobs in Senegal.IOM seeks to recruits Monitoring and Evaluation Consultant and Regional Media and Communications Officer to be based in Dakar, Senegal (Regional Office for West and Central Africa)
Established in 1951, the International Organization for Migration (IOM) is the leading intergovernmental organization in the field of migration and is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. IOM implements innovative projects aimed at young people and aspirant migrants through a Communication for Development (C4D) approach. One such project is Migrants as Messengers (MaM), which seeks to empower target audiences in West Africa make informed decisions about migration through peer-to-peer messaging.
|Position: Monitoring and Evaluation Consultant
Duty Station: Dakar, Senegal (Regional Office for West and Central Africa)
Contract Type : Consultancy
Length of Contract : 3 months
Estimated Start Date : As soon as possible
Closing Date : 25 August 2020
Tasks: International Organization for Migration jobs
- Review the project’s M&E plan and prepare a report on recommendations for improvement, and then support the implementation of improvements once validated. Improvements should be implemented within the three months of the consultancy.
- Develop a user manual (English and French) for project staff to use the M&E system and conduct in-person and remote trainings for relevant project staff.
- Develop a structure and layout of dashboards for project management tool.
- Prepare consolidated monthly reports of project activities, based on submissions to the project management platform and in consultation with project staff, and inclusion of M&E updates (3).
- Analyse data and develop a report, PPT presentation and article on IOM’s Risk Communication and Community Engagement (RCCE) COVID-19 response.
#1 (1/3) Submit report on the review the project’s M&E plan and recommendations for improvement.
# 4 (1/3) Prepare consolidated monthly reports of project activities, based on submissions to the project management platform and in consultation with project staff, and inclusion of M&E updates.
#5 Analyse data and develop a report, PPT presentation and article on IOM’s Risk Communication and Community Engagement (RCCE) COVID-19 response.
#1 (2/3) Submit status report on M&E plan improvements being implemented.
#3 Develop a structure and layout of dashboards for project management tool.
# 4 (2/3) Prepare consolidated monthly report of project activities, based on submissions to the project management platform and in consultation with project staff, and inclusion of M&E updates.
#1 (3/3) Submit status report on M&E plan improvements being implemented. #2 Develop a user manual (English and French) for project staff to use the M&E system and conduct in-person and remote trainings for relevant project staff # 4 (3/3) Prepare consolidated monthly report of project activities, based on submissions to the project management platform and in consultation with project staff, and inclusion of M&E updates.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
• University degree in a relevant field is required. A postgraduate degree is an advantage.
• Minimum five (5) years of progressively responsible professional work experiences in program monitoring and evaluation.
• Proven experience in strategic approaches for program monitoring and evaluation and assessment of best practices and lessons learned.
• Solid experience in monitoring and evaluation methodologies including quantitative and qualitative approaches.
• Facilitating learning-oriented analysis and presentation sessions of M&E data with multiple stakeholders.
• Familiarity with and a supportive attitude towards processes of strengthening organizational M&E and reporting capacity.
Fluency in French and English is required. Knowledge of one other local language is an advantage.
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via email to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating ‘ME Consultant’ on the subject line, by 25 August 2020.
IOM only accepts applications with a cover letter not more than one page specifying the motivation for the application as well as a detailed resume/CV.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
|Position Title: Regional Media and Communications Officer
Duty Station: Dakar, Senegal
Classification: Professional Staff, Grade P3
Type of Appointment: Fixed term, one year with possibility of extension
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
Closing Date: 25 August 2020
For the purpose of this vacancy, the following are considered first-tier candidates:
- Internal candidates
- Candidates from the following non-represented member states: Antigua and Barbuda; Cabo Verde; Comoros; Cook Islands; Cuba; Djibouti; Fiji; Gabon; Grenada; Guinea-Bissau; Guyana; Holy See; Iceland; Kingdom of Eswatini; Kiribati; Lao People’s Democratic Republic (the); Latvia; Marshall Islands; Micronesia (Federated States of); Montenegro; Namibia; Nauru; Palau; Saint Kitts and Nevis; Saint Lucia; Saint Vincent and the Grenadines; Samoa; Sao Tome and Principe; Seychelles; Solomon Islands; Suriname; The Bahamas; Timor-Leste; Tonga; Tuvalu; Vanuatu
Second tier candidates include:
All external candidates, except candidates from non-represented member states.
The European Union (EU)-IOM Joint Initiative for Migrant Protection and Reintegration in Africa (EU-IOM Joint Initiative) supports the efforts of African partner countries along the Central Mediterranean migration routes to strengthen migration governance and respond to urgent protection needs of migrants. The Initiative implements projects in 14 countries alongside a regional component: Burkina Faso, Cameroon, Chad, Côte d’Ivoire, Guinea-Bissau, Guinea, Ghana, Mali, Mauritania, Niger, Nigeria, Senegal, The Gambia, and Libya. The main areas of activity include: (i) increasing protection and assistance for vulnerable and stranded migrants; (ii) facilitating voluntary return; (iii) achieving sustainable reintegration; (iv) enhancing government and stakeholder policies and responses; (v) giving access to accurate information; and (vi) improving data on migration flows, routes and trends as well as migrants’ needs and vulnerabilities.
Under the overall supervision of the Regional Director for Central and West Africa at the Regional Office in Dakar (ROWCA), Senegal, in collaboration with the Head, Media and Communications Division (MCD) at Headquarters (HQs) in Geneva and under the direct supervision of the Regional Programme Coordination Officer, the successful candidate will be responsible for contributing to the formulation and implementation of communications strategies for IOM in West and Central Africa, in line with the IOM communication strategy.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- Gather, prepare and disseminate public information on IOM activities in the region under the EU-IOM Joint Initiative, both in writing and verbally.
- Write, edit and produce public information material for IOM’s bi-weekly press briefing notes, website and social media and other media outlets as requested.
- Advise the Regional Director, Chiefs of Mission, IOM Spokespersons, media focal points and other staff in West Africa on media, public information, awareness raising and visibility issues.
- Provide guidance and talking points as requested to colleagues in the region and HQs regarding on-going media requests and interview opportunities.
- Undertake regular Travels to country offices to support in media outreach, gather material for multi-media projects and provide tailor-made media training to individuals and teams as required.
- Organize and participate in trainings for media professionals in the region and maintain IOM’s investigative journalism initiative alive.
- Work with ROWCA, CO and Media and Communications Division in HQs to develop common media messaging and lines to take on key migration issues and reputationally sensitive in the region and globally.
- Proactively support the rollout of IOM’s media migration training toolkit and online platform and updating and adapting materials to the ROWCA context.
- Ensure all multimedia materials used in the public domain have the necessary consent forms on file, including digital consent forms through use of Community Response App.
- Liaise with MCD colleagues globally through MCD’s weekly teleconferences and share relevant information with Asia Pacific media focal points.
- In coordination with ROWCA Awareness Raising unit, provide regional support to IOM awareness-raising, community engagement, fundraising and other campaigns, including the Global Migration Film Festival.
- Design and implement a perception change campaign on social media.
- Gather and produce content for the quarterly high-quality magazine and ensure dissemination at the global and regional levels.
- Produce content in the form of human-interest stories from the field, by collecting multimedia content and by training staff to produce content.
- Promote the activities of IOM and of the EU-IOM Joint Initiative, including by providing high-quality responses to media-related enquiries, preparing press releases and Op-eds, producing visibility materials to showcase IOM’s work; collecting material from the field for the website, setting up and maintaining social media accounts in close coordination with the relevant staff, as well as applying other creative communication approaches.
- Support the development and dissemination of appropriate communications and media resources for target communities in the specific regional context.
- Ensure timely and efficient publication and distribution of media content on the global website of IOM, country website and via other IOM media channels, websites, social media etc.
- Receive and process field media enquiries and be available for interview on print, radio and television.
- Ensure that there is appropriate gender awareness in all IOM communications.
- Develop and strengthen links with international and local media in the region to promote IOM’s work and reputation and produce the regional media update for journalists.
- Initiate and manage communications events designed to raise IOM’s visibility in the region and ensure the sustainability of the outcomes.
- Represent IOM at events that contribute to IOM’s visibility.
- Manage the media and communications unit.
- Liaise with regional offices for activities related to the EU-IOM Joint Initiative.
- Contribute to the Regional Office’s overall efforts on advocacy, liaison and communication work with/to the European Union, the UN and other agencies based in Dakar and in the region, including by participating in the meetings and joint initiatives of the United Nations Communications Group in Dakar, and engaging in partnerships with the UN agencies, national and international organizations, as well as media outlets and think-tank organizations based in Dakar and in the region in the field of communications.
- Assist the Regional Director in managing the Regional Office’s communication activities, including in leading the implementation of an external outreach and communications strategy to raise awareness of IOM and its work in the region, and to promote an accurate narrative on migration in the media, among the UN and other key IOM partners based in Dakar and in the region as well as among the general public.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
• Master’s degree in Journalism, Communications, International relations or a related field from an accredited academic institution with five years of relevant professional experience; or
• University degree in the above fields with seven years of relevant professional experience.
• Relevant work experience – particularly writing and editing – in international journalism and public information;
• Experience in dealing with socially relevant topics;
• Experience in dealing with International Institutions and Organizations (UN, etc.);
• Demonstrated experience working with European Union communication guidelines and requirements.
• Demonstrated high competency as a writer, editor in English and French;
• Knowledge of graphic design, web, social media and video production.
IOM’s official languages are English, French, and Spanish.
For this position, fluency in English and French is required (oral and written).
Proficiency of language(s) required will be specifically evaluated during the selection process, which may include written and/or oral assessments.
Accredited Universities are the ones listed in the UNESCO World Higher Education Database
Values – all IOM staff members must abide by and demonstrate these three values:
• Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
• Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
• Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 2
• Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
• Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
• Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
• Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
• Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
Managerial Competencies – behavioural indicators level 2
• Leadership: provides a clear sense of direction, leads by example and demonstrates the ability to carry out the organization’s vision; assists others to realize and develop their potential.
• Empowering others & building trust: creates an atmosphere of trust and an enabling environment where staff can contribute their best and develop their potential.
• Strategic thinking and vision: works strategically to realize the Organization’s goals and communicates a clear strategic direction.
IOM’s competency framework can be found at this link. https://www.iom.int/sites/default/files/about-iom/iom_revised_competency_framework_external.pdf
Competencies will be assessed during a competency-based interview.
Internationally recruited professional staff are required to be mobile.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
This selection process may be used to staff similar positions in various duty stations. Recommended candidates endorsed by the Appointments and Postings Board will remain eligible to be appointed in a similar position for a period of 24 months.
The list of NMS countries above includes all IOM Member States which are non-represented in the Professional Category of staff members.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances.
Vacancies close at 23:59 local time Geneva, Switzerland on the respective closing date. No late applications will be accepted.
How to apply
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via PRISM, IOM e-Recruitment system, by 25 August 2020 at the latest, referring to this advertisement.
IOM only accepts duly completed applications submitted through the IOM e-Recruitment system. The online tool also allows candidates to track the status of their application.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
For further information please refer to: www.iom.int/recruitment
From 12.08.2020 to 25.08.2020
IOM does not charge a fee at any stage of its recruitment process (application, interview, processing, training or other fee). IOM does not request any information related to bank accounts.
Requisition: VN 2020 165 Regional Media and Communications Officer (P3) Dakar, Senegal (56563838) Released