Islamic Relief Kenya-finance Documentation Archive Assistant. The Islamic Relief Kenya in its pursuit to support and strengthen its operations seeks to employ motivated finance Documentation Archive Assistant
| Job Title: Finance Documentation Archive Assistant
Reporting To: Finance Manager
Staff Reporting: None
Base Location: Nairobi
Positions: One (1)
Organization: Islamic Relief Kenya
JOB PURPOSE:Islamic Relief Kenya-finance Documentation Archive Assistant
To maintain Documentation, Achieving vouchers, record transactions and Audit.
To maintain the petty cash, Bank, prepare vouchers, record transactions and petty cash reconciliation, get approval and maintain filing.
KEY ROLES/RESPONSIBILITIES;Islamic Relief Kenya-finance Documentation Archive Assistant
· Check and receive all financial documents from the field and Country office finance team for documentation in soft as well as hard copy as per the standard.
· Scanning Financial documents regularly and submit them to IT for documentation.
· Responsible for Achieving of all Financial Documents in field offices as well as country Offices.
· Authenticate and properly check the documentation order and reliability of supporting documents for donors and auditors,
· Prepare documents in order of projects, years and voucher type for archiving
· Ensure timely collection of documents from field offices and make ready for Project as well as annual statutory audit.
· Present all required documents for verification by the finance manager, finance coordinator and auditors,
· Collect, keep and file receipts and pertinent financial supporting documents from recipient of the cheque, and by adjusting the stamp date and writing the cheque number on every settled document, use “PAID” stamp
· Report to Finance Officer on documents outstanding for more than 4 working days after collecting cheques.
· Maintenance of the financial filing, and ensuring that copies are maintained at the end of each project and ensuring adequate archiving.
· Responsible to follow up audit documents for identifying the samples, follow up the all over audit process with the auditors and reply to quires in collaboration with the other team.
· Responsible also for record keeping on AX system
· Present payment request to Finance Officer for review and to Manager for approval,
· keep Payment Vouchers and Cheque, Present cheque with the check stub and payment vouchers to Finance Officer/Financial manager for verification and PV approval,
· Control bank balances by writing cash balance on the check stab.
· Maintain check register file on an excel sheet (soft Copy) and update for every check payment and reconcile this balance with the balance on the check stab. Print excel sheet monthly cheque register and attach with the final version bank reconciliation print out.
· According to the balances shown on the register book and cheque stab, ensure timely transfer of cash from KES account to branch accounts as necessary, and to field offices as per the request of the program department
· Follow up Outstanding checks so as to reconcile with the system and to take measures by the finance manager,
· Ensure payment Vouchers are signed by payees/delegates (cahiers) and receipts are collected,
· Ensue that Logistician/assigned person/ signed the cheques register books for collecting cheques
Qualifications/Experience/Skills: Islamic Relief Kenya-finance Documentation Archive Assistant
- Bachelor in accounting and Finance or related field
- At least 3 year experience in Finance Documentation and Achieving in NGO set-up
- Effective IT Skills (Word & Excel).
- Communication, tact and negotiation skills.
- Problem solving.
- Flexible and patient.
- Fluent in Written and spoken English.
- Ability to cope with stress, and live in environment with very basic living condition
- Very strong interpersonal skills: strong communication and diplomatic skills
- Flexibility to respond to changing nature of humanitarian context and operational difficulties
- Excellent analytical skills, observation and analysis capacity
- Ability to plan ahead and output oriented (pro-active)
- Ability to adhere to deadlines and respect line management
- Readiness to commit and adhere to the values, mission and vision of IR Kenya
How to apply
Please send us your cover letter and detailed CV, including your qualifications, experience, names and addresses of three referees, a working e-mail address and daytime telephone contacts. The forwarding e-mail and cover letter must clearly indicate the position title on the subject line i.e ‘’ Finance Documentation Archive Assistant’’. Send your application to Recruitment.firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday 21st August 2020.
Please note that this is an urgent recruitment, shortlisting will be done on a rolling basis