Islamic Relief Worldwide-Programme Manager. Islamic Relief Worldwide is currently recruiting for a Programme Manager position in our Mali field office. The Programme Manager will be responsible for providing programming leadership and ensure that planning, designing, appraising, monitoring and evaluation and review of all programmes are done according to agreed strategic direction. The post holder will lead, manage and develop staff in order to ensure that the country office is capable of fully achieving its agreed targets.
Contract Type: 12 months’ fixed-term
Hours: Full-time, 40 hours per week
Salary: £25,584 per annum
Closing Date: 26 August 2020
PURPOSE OF DIVISION: Islamic Relief Worldwide-Programme Manager
Through capacity building and through technical and programme support, the International Programme Division keeps the organisation focused on the socio-economic and humanitarian needs of vulnerable people. The division reinforces IR’s implementing structure to enable these people and their communities to develop themselves sustainably, and ensures that the organisation is prepared to respond promptly and effectively to humanitarian crises.
The division increases the organisation’s ability to tackle poverty by developing and fostering partnerships and institutional relationships effectively and proactively, and by ensuring transparent and timely reporting to the organisation’s donors.
Responsible for providing programming leadership for Islamic Relief Mali Programmes by ensuring that planning, designing, appraising, monitoring and evaluation and review of all programmes are done according to agreed strategic direction. The post holder will lead, manage and develop staff in order to ensure that the country office is capable of fully achieving its agreed targets
The successful candidate must have or be:
- An in-depth understanding of development and relief issues whereby is able to provide guidance to programme staff on strategic development of the same;
- Proven track record of working overseas with experience in various contexts (relief, rehabilitation and development) of which a substantial part should involve programme development and management with INGOs in developing countries;
- Proven experience in review, monitoring and evaluation of programmes; using of quantitative and qualitative methods and approaches to support of programme development;
- Proficiency in French and English speaking, reading and writing;
- Strong and well developed analytical skills coupled with experience of writing reports that are usable by different stakeholders.
Islamic Relief promotes equality and meritocracy, and seeks individuals who are sympathetic to the IR values of; Sincerity, Excellence, Compassion, Social Justice and Custodianship together with our policy standards on Anti-Bribery, Child Protection and Code of Conduct. If you would like to be a part of an organisation striving to make a difference in the world and are looking for a meaningful career, we will be glad to hear from you.
Please Note: Interviews are expected to take place on an ongoing basis and the vacancy will close as soon as a suitable candidate has been found.
Any employment with Islamic Relief will be subject to the following checks:
- screening clearance
- receipt of satisfactory references
Islamic Relief is an equal opportunities employer