The IT Officer holder ensures that INTERSOS IT network system, computer equipment, computer labs’ technology and telecoms equipment work reliably and smoothly. S/he supports by facilitating the work of personnel and eliminating any disruption possible to staff and clients of INTERSOS. S/he also ensures reliable and efficient functionality of all equipment and infrastructure devices, as well as providing on-site support for staff and customers continuously at all times.
Tasks and Main Responsibilities
- Installs maintains and troubleshoots network environment including devices, network ports, Switches, Patch Panels, and Patch cords.
- Installs and configures computer hardware operating systems and applications.
- Provides orientation and guidance to users on how to operate new software and computer equipment.
- Organizes and schedules upgrades and maintenance without deterring others from completing their work.
- Maintains records/logs of repairs and fixes and maintenance schedules.
- Responsible of the security system in the premises (surveillance, alarm, fire, etc.),
- Liaising with local internet and telephone service providers, Solves user problems such as computer and printer difficulties, software problems, email, communication tools, etc.,
- Maintains hardware and software for employees, field offices and warehouses.
- Ensures that INTERSOS computers, IT equipment and software are fully operational, and staff is able to utilize them properly at all times,
- Ensures software is updated and appropriate in response to INTERSOS needs,
- Monitors network and services, and diagnose problems,
- Works with the Logistics Coordinator on planning the annual IT budget for the office,
- Handles IT procurement according to INTERSOS’s procurement procedure,
- Receives IT equipment and supply orders, verify brand and quantity, and store in the IT storage room,
- Responds to Helpdesk tickets and perform daily support for desktop, software and hardware for all users,
- Works closely with the Logistics Coordinator on technology improvements and changes as needed,
- Other tasks requested by the direct line manager and/or Country Director.
Position Requirements for IT Officer
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology or equivalent
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience in a similar position
- Proficiency in network infrastructure design, topology, configuration, and troubleshooting,
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite,
- Proficiency in internet connections and protocols,
- Proficiency in desktop applications, software & Hardware troubleshooting,
- Proficiency in security camera systems including preparation, monitoring, equipment, etc.,
- Certification in MCP (Microsoft Certified Professional) or MCTS (Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist) is a plus,
- Essential computer literacy (word, excel and internet)
- Leadership, people management and development, teamwork and cooperation
- Strategic Vision and Service Orientation
- Understanding of humanitarian operations principles, standards and best practices
- Must possess the ability to learn with speed and ease.
- Strong sense of responsibility, methodical and accurate with high organizational skills
- Honesty and integrity and able to cope with stressful situations.
- Manages effectively his own time as well as flexible and available to work over-time when needed
- Good command of written and spoken English, Kanuri and/or Hausa Languages
Job position – IT Officer
Work location – Nigeria,Maiduguri with regular visits to the field and Abuja.
Reporting to – Logistics Coordinator
Supervision of – N/A
Organization : INTERSOS
Posted 10 Jul 2020
Closing date 22 Jul 2020
How to apply
Interested candidates should complete this form and attach CV with the following format “Surname Position you applied for”. ONLY applicants whose competencies meet the requirement of the position will be contacted.
*Application deadline: apply no later than 22nd July 2020 at 4:00 PM.*
INTERSOS does not ask for any form of payment at any stage of recruitment.