Jobs Africa-Regional Program Accountant. The Manager for Regional Program Accounting is responsible for providing accounting and compliance support to the Francophone field offices.
|Kenya: Regional Program Accountant
Location Nairobi, Kenya
GENERAL FUNCTION-Jobs Africa
Under the supervision of the Manager for Regional, Program Accounting include training, transactional review and oversight functions. Tasks include the review of accounting documents, multiple monthly account reconciliations, and general reporting functions. In addition, this position may support a range of other duties within the Finance and Accounting Department.
Jobs Africa-ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES
Include the following.
• Reviews field finance reports, vouchers and supporting documentation, bank reconciliations, and other financial data received from field operations.
• Responsible for correct, complete, and timely transmittal of accounting data from field office accountants to head quarters
• Prepares and/or review entries for posting in Accounting system.
• Trains and supports field office accountants in accounting procedures, Internews policies and procedures and funder financial rules and regulations
• Provides Enterprise Resources Planning (ERP) support to field offices, including new employee training, continued learning, and troubleshooting.
• Provide support for audits by reviewing schedules, providing documentation and on-site representation in the field offices.
• Supports Field office setup and close out of projects and offices.
• Communicates closely with field office finance, human resources and administrative staff, and provides support and training as needed.
• Supports the Manager, Regional Program Accounting, other Regional Program Accountants, and performs other accounting duties as assigned.
• Understanding of and demonstrated commitment to upholding Internews’ Core Values.
• Excellent communication skills including proven ability to effectively communicate with others who are not using their native language.
• Proven experience of progressively complex accounting processes
• Proven ability to work both independently and as an effective team member
• Proven ability to prioritize and handle multiple on-going assignments
• Proven ability of staff capacity building in field offices on accounting policies and procedures
• Intermediate expertise in Microsoft Office, particularly Excel
• Excellent organizational skills
• Proven ability to set priorities and manage time effectively
• Proven analytical and problem-solving ability
• Ability and willingness to travel, up to 20% from base, to international locations, including challenging or remote locations
• Relevant university degree
• Fluent in both French and English
• Accounting Certification or advanced degree (ACCA, CIMA, CPA, CA, CMA, MBA etc)
• Experience working with international donors in particular UN, US government and European donors
• Experience working with remote teams
• Familiarity with Unit 4 Agresso/Business World accounting software
This position is being offered and hired by Internews Network. Benefits will be consistent with Internews Network’s offerings and will be reviewed during the hiring process. Additional information can be found on our About Working for Internews page.