Jobs in Lagos-Program Finance Officer-MANI. The overall role of the Program Finance Officer involves participating in the Country Office program budget implementation focusing on monitoring, reporting, evaluating and maintaining of program budget-related documents and ensuring their proper filing and timely submission to stakeholders. However, Programme Finance Officer will be seconded with a partner – MANI; based in Lagos State of Nigeria.
Pre-requisites-Jobs in Lagos-Program Finance Officer
1. Education, Knowledge, and Professional Experience
· Degree in a Finance related field (such as Business Management or Business Administration) with an academic background of at least BAC+4
· A professional accounting qualification (such as ACA, CPA, ACCA or CIMA) and Project Management knowledge is an asset
· Four years’ experience
· Highly numerate with proven analytical skills.
· Effective communication skills (verbal and written) with ability to translate financial information to non-financial audience.
· Demonstrated ability in financial statements analysis with attention to detail and accuracy.
· Ability to work in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment while juggling and coordinating multiple/conflicting priorities and deadlines.
· Ability to integrate into a multi-cultural environment.
· Reflects CBM values in daily work.
· Must be proactive, seeking to do things differently, and to solve problems effectively and efficiently.
· Ability and willingness to learn.
· Able to work independently, and as a member of a team.
2. Languages-Jobs in Lagos-Program Finance Officer
· English & French (would be an advantage): Professional proficiency
· Knowledge of local languages of the working environment is an advantage
3. Tools-Jobs in Lagos-Program Finance Officer
· Demonstrated experience in Microsoft Packages (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Access) and good report writing skills.
4. Core Competencies
· Personal credibility
· Attention to communication
· Building collaborative relationships
· Interpersonal effectiveness
· Self confidence
Overall Mission-Jobs in Lagos-Program Finance Officer
· Proactively manage working relationships with MANI project/programme Officers especially for a new organisation.
· Set-up MANI’s financial system in line with CBM CO financial processes and procedures.
· Coach MANI’s staff to fully comply with all aspects of financial and management policies as outlined in the project contracts and General terms & conditions
· Providing timely project budget implementation feedback to MANI’s senior management and support in the monitoring of programs, and the Program Team is informed programme planning through:
o Preparing financial documents (e.g., MANI Financial & Procurement Checklists) for approval; by critically analyzing financial processes and procedures for compliance.
o Documenting the key highlights noted in the financial monitoring reports and reporting on the progress of the implementation of recommendations by CBM, project auditors and other stakeholders through persistent follow ups.
· Review periodical programme funds reconciliation statements and financial reports (including PPR) of MANI in coordination with the MANI finance team to ensure completeness and accuracy of financial reports.
· Assist in financial reviews and investigative audits of MANI, and suggest corrective action as appropriate on areas in MANI’s financial systems and procedures that need improvement.
· Contribute to the development of Terms of Reference for project audits and ensure that CBMs accountability requirements are incorporated in the TORs.
· Identify red-flag in MANI’s transactions and processes, compile the red-flag reports and checklists, provide regular updates to the CO Comic Relief program management team.
· Assist in financial training of MANI’s staff, contributing to training materials and resources, organizing and facilitating MANI’s finance workshops and CBM partners project finance officers workshops and reflective meetings, and take responsibility for following up on participants’ action plans especially as it relates to MANI and Comic Relief project.
· Contribute to the development of Terms of References for project monitoring visits,
· Provide support to MANI POs as required, other projects finance officers in projects card /projects data upload and update in NAV and SP as appropriate.
· Uploading of approved financial and narrative project monitoring reports in Navision and SharePoint.
· Any other tasks assigned by the CO finance manager
· To comply with all CBM HS&S procedures and requirements at CBM and, at all times ensure own safety and health and that of other persons who may be affected by own acts or omissions at CBM.
· Contribute to the development of individual annual key performance objectives
· Develop individual annual work plan
· Monthly report of activities to the line-manager
· Manage budgets/costs accurately
· Budget variances are anticipated, noted, and addressed
· Partners have a clear understanding and practices are in compliance with CBM and external donor requirements
· Risks within the scope of the function area identified and addressed proactively
· Timely PDR reporting as required
· Scheduled financial training to partners based on needs
In addition to the responsibilities outlined above, the incumbent will upon instruction by his / her superior (s), perform ad hoc activities which are either by their nature related to his / her normal duties or evolve from operational requirements. These may include, but are not limited to:
· Providing support to project partners in procurement/local purchase related issues.
How to apply
The future job holder will adhere to CBM’s values and commits to CBM’s Code of Conduct and Safeguarding Policy.
CBM encourages persons with disabilities to apply for this position. Interested candidates should please forward their CV and cover letter in English to **: email@example.com** Application deadline: 27/08/2020
The role is a 2 years permanent contract located in Lagos, Nigeria This position has a national compensation package and is subject to local employment and immigration laws**