Jobs in Uganda-DALBERG Global has vacancy for Senior Machine Learning Engineer to based in (multi-location), Kampala,Uganda.We are a global group working to build a more inclusive and sustainable world where all people, everywhere, can reach their fullest potential.
Job Title”Senior Machine Learning Engineer
Business/Department: Dalberg Data Insights
Job Category” Information Technology
Location:Africa Global (multi-location),Kampala, UG
Closing Date:1 Sep 2020
At Dalberg Data Insights, we identify the data solutions to international development challenges. We access, analyze, and integrate data from different sources to design data products. Using our products and solutions, local and global communities can better target, implement, and evaluate their programs and initiatives.
Dalberg Data Insights is currently leading the Data-Against-COVID19 Task Force in Belgium. We are building data products, algorithms and data visualizations, that help public health officials and policymakers make more informed decisions in the response against COVID19. We are in conversations to scale the Data-Against-COVID19 Toolkit in Europe and Africa.
Dalberg Data Insights is the Big Data entity of Dalberg Group. We are a global group working to build a more inclusive and sustainable world where all people, everywhere, can reach their fullest potential. Comprised of Dalberg Advisors, Dalberg Capital, Dalberg Design, Dalberg Data Insights and Dalberg Research; our businesses approach problems differently and work together to create impact at scale.
ABOUT YOU-Jobs in Uganda-DALBERG Global
You want to work on the biggest challenge facing the world today, building data tools for decision-makers working to limit the spread of the COVID19 virus. You are aspiring to tackle global issues, from the spread of pandemics to climate change to youth unemployment, ensuring no population is left behind. You are a problem solver and a committed self-starter. You do the extra mile to excel professionally. You are curious and a fast learner.
You are passionate about the design of algorithms to solve pressing problems using (big) data and pride yourself on being up to date with the latest trends in the data analytics field. You get excited by the fact that your insightful products help solve social impact challenges around the world. You do not shy away from working in multicultural and multi-location teams. You value diversity.
- Profound software architecture knowledge and machine learning project structure
- Disciplined and attentive to data
- Curious, resourceful, confident under pressure, and comfortable working in a fast-paced, growth-oriented environment
- Comfortable with agile development to continuously improve data visualizations and design based on team feedback
- Comfortable to pick up any tool, ability to learn quickly, ready to pick up various domain knowledge
- Self-driven, agile and able to work independently and on multiple engagements simultaneously
Your Responsibilities-Jobs in Uganda-DALBERG Global
- Jobs in Uganda-DALBERG Global-Build algorithms and design experiments to merge, manage, interrogate and extract data to supply tailored reports to the end-user
- Adjusting the state of the art machine learning algorithms for specific use-cases and scope of the project
- Jobs in Uganda-DALBERG Global-Select appropriate data sets, train, retrain and validate model outputs
- Develop machine learning applications according to the use-case and requirements
- Jobs in Uganda-DALBERG Global-Use machine learning algorithms in various domains to produce solutions to problems
- Communicate your ideas and rationale clearly to the tech team and project manager
- 2-3 years of experience building machine learning, data mining algorithms or data pipelines
- Experience solving analytical problems using quantitative approaches
- Advanced statistics and econometrics knowledge
- Good data intuition
- Proficiency with Python, ability to write robust code with best coding principles in mind (R is a plus)
- Literacy with communication with data though common interfaces (ORM, Parquet, SQL), ability to work in distributed cluster-computer frameworks is a plus (Spark)
- Familiarity with Machine Learning frameworks (Torch, Tensorflow) and libraries (sklearn)
- Profound experience with tasks automation, working with DAGs is a plus.
- Solid knowledge of best programming, database and statistical analysis practices
- Comfortable using bash and working on remote and cloud machines
- Docker knowledge is a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Our current opportunity is in East Africa
Please submit your application at our Career Centre, by 1 September 2020.