Kenyan Jobs-Technical Coordinator–Inclusive Education. Handicap International – Humanity & Inclusion is looking for Technical Coordinator–Inclusive Education to be based in Kenya.
|Job Title: Technical Coordinator–Inclusive Education
Years of experience
THE POSITION IS A NATIONAL POSITION
Under the supervision of the Country Manager , the Inclusive Education Technical Coordinator is responsible to implementing HI technical policies, methods and approaches at the level of the programme for all activities related to Inclusive Education. The Technical Coordinator is responsible for the technical and methodological quality of the projects within the programme, the development of the staff technical competencies, as well as for mobilising the resources locally to support the quality of the programme.
He/She is responsible for the development of strategies, approaches, methodologies and tools regarding Education programmes implementation as well as for supervising staffs technical skills and competencies. The Technical Coordinator will be supervising the quality of all Education activities in the country. S/he will have to create and maintain an environment which prevents sexual exploitation and abuse and promotes the implementation of the code of conduct.
Kenyan Jobs-Technical Coordinator-S/he will be responsible for
- Contributing to the country strategies in line with the global strategies
- Ensuring technical support to projects in line with the global technical frameworks and standards of Inclusive Education
- Ensuring technical learning from projects
- Ensuring the control and monitoring of the technical quality and the relevance of HI’s activities in the programs in Education
2. Representation by participating to the external representation of HI’s expertise at country and regional level.
3. Fundraising by participating to the development of major opportunities or new projects in the country under Inclusive Education scope.
4. Respect of HI identity, rules and policies
Qualifications and skills required:
Kenyan Jobs-Technical Coordinator-Education :
- Master Degree in Inclusive Education, Special Needs Education or Education sciences if relevant experience working with children with disabilities, or Allied Master Degree (OT, Psychology, Child development) if relevant Education Experiences.
- Five years’ experience in education in low income countries: project design and management, policy/strategy guidance
- Two years’ experience in NGOs with particular focus on Education in Emergencies
- Two years’ experience working with persons with disabilities
Kenyan Jobs-Technical Coordinator-Technical Competencies:
- Strong capacity building, competencies transfer and coaching skills
- Ability to articulate technical input and communicate with impact
- Sign language will be an asset
Behavioural competencies :
- Outstanding communication capacities, with a broad range of stakeholders
- Team Player
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Special ease at collaborative work, participatory approach
- Excellent team worker; ability to create dynamic and very positive working relations including at distance, with high level of mutual confidence and solidarity
- Fluency in English and Kiswahili both written and oral
How to apply
The basic salary range for this position is from Kshs. 137,024 to Kshs 154,222 excluding allowances depending on the candidates qualifications and experience.
If you feel you are the right candidate for this position, kindly send your application along with an up-to-date CV(including 3 referees current and/or past line managers and their current official contacts) by email to :- firstname.lastname@example.org The email subject line should be marked: “Application for Technical Coordinator – Inclusive Education – Nairobi Position”.
Please do not send your academic and other testimonials they will be requested at a later stage. Only short listed candidates with the above qualifications and skills will be contacted.
HI staff must adhere to the values and principles outlined the Code of Conduct. In accordance with these values, HI operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti-fraud, bribery, and corruption.
Humanity & Inclusion is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Females and Persons with Disabilities are encouraged to apply