Winrock is seeking an M&E Officer for a full-time with a USAID funded Feed the Future Nigeria Agricultural Extension and Advisory Services (AEAS)Winrock International works with people around the world to increase economic opportunity, sustain natural resources, and protect the environment. Winrock matches innovative approaches in agriculture, natural resources management, clean energy, and leadership development with the unique needs of its partners.
The project will support agriculture extension & advisory services in Nigeria to increase smallholder farmers’ productivity, incomes, and household nutrition status in seven Feed the Future (FTF) focus states across four geo-political zones in Nigeria (Kebbi, Niger, Kaduna, Benue, Ebonyi, Cross-River, and Delta) through strengthening sustainable agricultural extension and advisory services. The project will particularly focus on aquaculture, cowpea, maize, rice, and soybean value chains.
The position holder will support the implementation of the MEL Strategy, focusing on the development and implementation of an intervention-specific-monitoring framework in line with the USAID Feed the Future results measurement and reporting requirements. The successful candidate will collaborate with the Value Chain Advisor, Database/GIS Specialist and State Coordinators in measuring and aggregating intervention level results for program-wide reporting.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Support SMEs and input firms leading farmers’ registration during the Activity’s inception phase
- Collaborate with MEL manager in leading the baseline data collection process
- Take part in organizing and carrying out data collection for various programme uses by taking part in periodic field visits
- Collaborate with the Database/GIS Specialist in ensuring proper systems are in place for tracking the Activity’s results in a professional and timely manner.
- Assists the MEL manager in developing monitoring and evaluation tools for data collection and quality assurance.
- Contribute to frequent (monthly/quarterly) updating of the centralized database system
- Support capturing of lessons learned that enable analysis of data, context and emerging experiences as well as iterative adaptive management of the Activity’s technical approach and its targets and indicators to unpredicted challenges and opportunities posed by the market, socio-political environment, institutional capacities and other influences
- Ensure regular feedback is provided to the intervention team through an iterative and dynamic learning approach that seeks to fill key knowledge gaps, inform the review of interventions and, as needed, refine the Activity’s Theory of Change throughout the implementation process
- Support intervention managers in implementing their monitoring plans at the intervention and output levels by contributing to the development of monitoring and evaluation tools for data collection and quality assurance.
- Support the MEL Manager in ensuring that program performance data are analyzed and used for decision making, learning and planning of strategy; particularly with regards to intervention designs, delivery and results reporting.
- Support MEL Manager in reviewing partners’ approaches and management information systems (if any) and agree on any required changes, support and resources
- Produce and update monitoring information including quarterly statistics for quarterly reports from pilot till the end of the program.
- Support MEL Manager in designing and delivery training workshops focusing on M&E processes and systems
- Provide support to SMEs and input firms in the use of M&E tools and templates.
- Undertakes all other duties and projects as may be assigned from time to time.
Position Title: Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Officer
Reports to: Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Manager
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
Qualifications and Background for Monitoring and Evaluation and Learning Officer :
- Bachelor’s degree in agriculture, agricultural engineering, statistics, economics, social sciences or related fields.
- Formal training course in monitoring evaluation is highly desired.
- Require at three years’ experience in monitoring and evaluation with at least one year in market systems development
- Experience conducting and supervising field-based quantitative and qualitative research in agricultural development projects.
- Experience with mobile data collection and data management
- Experience working with diverse partners (private and public sectors, in particular)
- Disposition to travel extensively in-country
- Experience with capacity building of enumerators and private sector partners
- Experience working with international development organizations, preferred
- Previous experience with USAID funded projects would be an advantage
- Computer literate in word processing, spreadsheet, and presentation software (Microsoft)
- Professional level in written and spoken English