Monitoring and Evaluation Manager Abuja,Nigeria – AIDS Healthcare Foundation (AHF) is an international not for profit NGO, with its Headquarters based in Los Angeles, California. AIDS Healthcare Foundation is registered in Nigeria as Foundation for AIDS Care Prevention and Advocacy but collectively referred to as AHF Nigeria. AHF Nigeria works in collaboration with the Federal Ministry of Health to provide free HIV/AIDS services; HIV prevention and treatment (ART), capacity building and advocacy in resource constrained settings.
AHF-Nigeiia currently operates in 7 states including Benue, Federal Capital Territory (FCT), Nasarawa, Kogi, Cross River, Anambra, Akwa Ibom and supports numerous clinics country wide.
The organization now seeks to hire highly competent, dynamic and experienced persons to fill the regular full time position below:
Job Title: Monitoring and Evaluation Manager
Reports to: Medical Director
Application Closing Date 30th July, 2020; 5:00PM
- The Monitoring and Evaluation Manager will provide leadership and guidance in the design and implementation of the functional Monitoring and Evaluation systems.
- Responsible for the development of M&E plans and organizes internal systems to collect and analyze the data used to measure key performance indicators of programs, processes and activities.
- The Monitoring and Evaluation Manager tracks the program inputs, activities, processes, outcomes and impact measures of the project implementation, design and implements occasional evaluations to be conducted in response to specific management questions on program performance related to issues such as relevance, effectiveness, efficiency, outcome and impact of program implementation.
- The Monitoring and Evaluation Manager provides leadership and strategic management of HIV / AIDS response data for the Country program and reports to the bureau office, primarily through facilitating, development and / or strengthening of systems and capacity to monitor and evaluate HIV / AIDS situations and responses and to utilize data for programme planning and implementation. This includes the development of the Program M&E framework, the development of a performance monitoring system, overseeing the maintenance of monitoring data collections systems (including developing and maintaining a project data base).
- He / she will also contribute to the design and assist in managing program assessments and evaluations and promote a culture of evidence-based decision making.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- The Monitoring and Evaluation Manager provide leadership and guidance on program monitoring and evaluation to meet AHF global and Government of Nigeria reporting requirements.
- Manages country level Monitoring, Evaluation and Reporting activities for AHF Intervention across all supported states in Nigeria.
- The Monitoring and Evaluation Manager provide technical assistance to states and sites programs in the collection, analysis, reporting and use of output data for program improvement
- Manage the country program’s data reporting cycle to ensure high quality and complete data are sent to the Bureau / Global office on a periodic basis, or when required.
- Monitor the progress of the program towards achieving targets and share program output data with the technical leads
- Work in collaboration with states team to follow up on Monitoring & Evaluation activities at the program sites to ensure the promotion of data utilization by relevant end users.
- Supervise Formative & Operations research, and other longitudinal studies in the country including development of study protocol and abstract.
- Facilitate the provision of technical support to strengthen the country M&E activities and contributes to the development and review of appropriate data collection tools and procedures for all monitoring and reporting needs.
- Work with the country state office staff and government counterparts to provide support and guidance on program Monitoring and Evaluation of AHFs activities in Nigeria and its reporting requirements.
- Facilitate timely reporting of the organization data reports to States & National Agency for Control of AIDS (NACA)
- Provide support to sites in the state by interacting with site program coordinators, Managers, state M&E officers of SACA / SASCP, other Implementing partners and CBOs on needs and ensuring that these parties understand data reporting and can support these requirements.
- Carryout routine monitoring visits to all project sites, including the conduct of Data validation and Data Quality Assessments (DQAs) using official tools, preparation of monthly reports, and supportive supervision.
- Manages the development and maintenance of computerized data capture of the program and provide technical assistance and training to the staff at the sites responsible for data entry.
- Any other duty designated by the supervisor.
Key Result Areas:
- Facilitate and support the preparation, collation, analysis and dissemination of major HIV / AIDS reports generated within the program.
- Provide leadership and guidance on program monitoring and evaluation to meet AHF global and Government of Nigeria reporting requirements.
Education and Experience
- Masters of Public Health (MPH) degree, preferably with specialization in the Epidemiology track.
- Significant experience in Monitoring and Evaluation of international funded programs.
- Proven record of establishing M & E systems, designing and conducting evaluations and will have experience of a number of statistical software packages commonly used for data analysis.
- Demonstrate competence in assessing priorities and in managing a variety of activities in a time-sensitive environment, and in meeting deadlines with attention to detail and quality.
- Strategic thinker with people skills and managerial, coordination, and organizational skills.
- Strong writing, editing, and formatting skills.
- Demonstrate computer skills in Microsoft Office Suite applications including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SPSS, STATA, Epi-Info, Clintrial, OpenMRS and advance skills in the use of other analytical tools.
- Demonstrate ability and willingness to take initiative and to be flexible depending on changing priorities and deadlines.
- Experience providing and facilitating training experience setting up training programs and workshops preferred.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their Applications (CV and Cover Letter as one document) to: email@example.com Kindly indicate the “Position and location” you are applying for as the subject of the email.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Also your application document must be saved in your full name preferably in MS Word format
- AIDS Healthcare Foundation is an equal opportunity employer