Monitoring and Evaluation Officer Jobs in Africa. The Monitoring and Evaluation Officer will manage the development and implementation of the country programme results management framework. The incumbent will also will provide leadership on the country programme reporting requirements for both the donor and International IDEA.
The International Institute for Democracy and Electoral Assistance is an intergovernmental organization that works to support and strengthen democratic institutions and processes around the world, to develop sustainable, effective and legitimate democracies.
International IDEA is managing a three-year EU funded programme to support Sudan’s transition to a democratic system of government, and to contribute to SDG 16 to promote peaceful and inclusive societies for sustainable development, provide access to justice for all and build effective, accountable and inclusive institutions at all levels.
The programme seeks to support the democratic transition by supporting the establishment of mechanisms for dialogue and consensus building on the transition process; strengthen stakeholders’ capacity for constitution building; enhance stakeholders’ capacity for electoral reform that will facilitate credible electoral processes; and strengthen citizens awareness on the transitional process and broader democratic governance practices. It is anticipated that Sudan’s transition period and processes will provide an opportunity for Sudan’s transition to democracy.
Monitoring and Evaluation Officer -Monitoring and Evaluation Officer Jobs in Africa
Monitoring and Evaluation Officer Jobs in Africa-Key responsibilities for this position include:
- Developing monitoring and evaluation frameworks, processes and practices for the Sudan country programme that responds to both donor and International IDEA needs; Coordinates and leads all project and programme evaluations and the monitoring of results
- Supporting programme planning and the compilation of partner inputs
- Supporting effective collaboration between the programme partners on monitoring and evaluation
- Liaising with the donors on monitoring, evaluation and the communication of results
- Supporting the internal and external communication of programme results
- Leading the development and production of all reporting under the programme – including quarterly, yearly and final project reports;
- Participating in the continuous development of policies, guidelines, standards and tools for planning, monitoring, evaluation and results-based management in collaboration with International IDEA’s HQ and the donor
- Contributing to trainings for national partners on monitoring and evaluation related processes; contributing to internal training
- Integrating a rights-based approach, gender and diversity perspective in all monitoring, reporting and evaluation activities
- Conducting risk management in line with the organisational risk management policies and procedures
The Monitoring and Evaluation Officer must possess and be able to demonstrate:
- University degree in development studies, business administration, public policy, international development or other relevant discipline
- Minimum of five (5) years professional experience in monitoring and evaluation, responsible for implementing monitoring and evaluation activities of international development projects, preferably with a focus on support to democratic institutions and civil society organizations on issues related to elections and civic education
- Proven success in designing, implementing, and operating project monitoring and evaluation systems from project initiation to closeout stages is essential
- Knowledge of the major evaluation methodologies (e.g., qualitative, quantitative, mixed method, and impact) and data collection and analysis methodologies are essential
- Experience in strategic planning and performance measurement, including indicator selection, target setting, reporting, database management, and developing M&E and performance monitoring plans is considered an advantage
- Experience in planning and managing surveys on behavioral impact of programmes implemented is considered an advantage
Please note as this is a local post, International IDEA will bear no costs relating to relocation of the selected candidate to the duty station. This position is open to those legally authorized to live and work in Sudan.
Contract duration: Fixed term appointment until 30 September 2022.
Remuneration: GROSS Salary 2 752 USD per month.
Please note that all applications must be made in English.
International IDEA is an equal opportunity employer which seeks to further diversify its staff in terms of gender, culture and nationality.
email your application by Tuesday 13th October 2020 to firstname.lastname@example.org