About the Project
Search for Common Ground (Search) in partnership with the European Union will implement a rapid-response “Love in the Time of Corona” campaign that will support an effective, conflict-sensitive response to the COVID-19 pandemic in a way that prevents further deterioration of social cohesion in fragile contexts in Africa, namely in Kenya, Tanzania, Uganda and Nigeria. This action has a two-fold purpose: on the one hand, it aims to render the response to the pandemic in the targeted countries more effective by ensuring citizen acceptance of the response through access to reliable information on the other, it will mitigate the negative impact of the crisis on social cohesion and prevent it from exacerbating existing conflict dynamics. The Media products will Demystify myths around Covid19 disease; Inspiring hope to vulnerable communities in the covid19 context; Show best practices in coping with Covid19 fears and uncertainties and Incorporate satire to share key information on Covid19 prevention.
About the Position
The Monitoring and Evaluation Officer supports the design, development and implementation of a monitoring and evaluation system within the assigned area. S/he gathers, analyzes, and processes complex information related to all aspects of program activity implementation. The incumbent carries out his/her work according to an established standard operating procedure for collecting data, monitoring project progress and measuring program inputs/outputs.
S/he will work under the direct supervision of the Design, Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (DMEL) Manager and will work closely with the media and DMEL team, and other project team members.
Duration: 12 months
Roles and Responsibilities
- Coordinate weekly with the DMEL Manager to determine priority tasks. Ensure the state team is aware of and up to date on all DMEL tasks and reports.
- Analyzed country IPTT from all the regions and action plans.
- Populate the KM database on a monthly basis with findings from different DMEl activities.
- Work closely with the DMEl coordinator northeast for development of success story and case studies
- Conduct site visits during the project implementation phase in assigned areas.
- In concert with the DMEL Manager, develop Monitoring and Evaluation plans for field-level projects.
- Conduct DQA and Produce a “routine monitoring report” (RMR) according to an approved template for each site visit prior to the indicator verification visit.
- Identify lessons learned, constraints, and project impacts based on determined theme and/or sector for inclusion in Quarterly Reports.
- Share observations from monitoring visits with the DMEL Manager and program team when findings demonstrate questionable actions.
- Serve as the primary point of contact for the Media & Communications office when developing impact assessments, success stories, newsletters and weekly reporting.
- Undertake comprehensive analysis of projects based on history of site visits; present findings to DMEL Manager in a concise and professional manner.
- Support quality, conflict sensitive, innovative and effective DMEL process in Niger Delta;
- Implementing SFCG M&E standards around project planning meetings, baseline studies, listenership surveys, data collection processes, monitoring missions and evaluations in the Niger Delta;
- Coordinate monthly reflection and learning sessions with Search Staff in the State offices.
- Represent the program positively and professionally in both internal and external environments.
- Participate in professional training and development activities, as necessary.
As job descriptions cannot be exhaustive, the position holder may be required to undertake other duties that are broadly in line with the above key duties.
- Bachelor’s degree in research methodologies, social sciences or related disciplines; or a related area;
- Minimum of two (2) years of work experience in design, monitoring and evaluation methodologies, of which at least one year of experience in the peacebuilding M&E;
- Proven experience of using qualitative and quantitative data collection and analysis tools;
- Knowledge of participatory methods, mixed methods, outcome mapping and/or impact evaluation techniques;
- Collaborative working style that enables coaching and training in M&E principles and best-practices
- Demonstrated capacity to coordinate evaluations, including experience developing evaluation terms of reference and recruiting and managing consultants;
- Extensive knowledge and application of proposal design principles;
- Knowledge of data software such as STATA, SPSS;
- Excellent analytical and report writing skills;
- A demonstrated commitment to high professional ethical standards and a diverse workplace; and
- Ability to prioritize, plan and organize workflow to tight timeframes, handle multiple tasks, and be flexible with changing priorities.
Note: This position is only open to Nigerian nationals.
Full Time – Local
This position will close on 31st July, 2020.
Interested candidates should send the following to our Career Portal.
Cover Letter (which includes expectations of compensation and projected start date)