Location: Rabat or Casablanca, Morocco
FTE: Part-time (50%)
Internews is seeking a part-time Project Manager candidate in Morocco to lead the in-country implementation of a project that aims to bring together journalists and CSOs to advocate for more transparency in the legal reform process surrounding CSO law reforms. The Project Manager is responsible for day-to-day management of the project on the ground, making sure the project is on track with the workplan, coordinating with local partners, organizing timely completion of high-quality deliverables and drafting regular project reports. The Project Manager will work with activity-specific consultants and trainers along with personnel from local partners to ensure successful project implementation. The Project Manager reports to the Senior Program Officer in Washington, D.C. and will closely coordinate with the Berlin-based Regional Director and London-based M&E Specialist. The Project Manager will also work closely with several teams at Internews headquarters in Washington D.C. and Arcata, CA, which provide high-level technical advice, ensures compliance with Internews and donor policies and regulations, and offers back-stopping support.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Conduct regular monitoring of project activities to ensure project objectives are being met
- Monitor and oversee workplan implementation
- Oversee distribution of small grants
- Coordination with local partners and project beneficiaries
- Lead internal and external technical reporting
- Attend and assist in facilitation of project in-person and online trainings
- Prepare monthly reports to supervisor on all Internews projects in execution
- Lead monitoring, evaluation and learning and adapt program activities as necessary in coordination with the Senior Program Officer and Internews HQ team in Washington, D.C.
- Collection and analysis of data from project partners and participants
- Communicate with media beneficiaries about trainings and other programs
- Provide financial reports for project activities to HQ
- Participate in stakeholder meetings as requested
- Develop relationships with prospective partners for future programs
- Assist in programmatic development and project support for future programs
- Research and develop new partnerships and funding opportunities
- Carry out research as assigned and in support of ongoing projects and new initiatives
- Understanding of and demonstrated commitment to upholding Internews’ Core Values
- Proven experience with project management or relevant advanced degree
- Ability to work in Morocco
- Ability to multi-task and flexible with changing business needs
- Solution-oriented, pro-active problem solver
- Excellent English language (spoken and written) and communication skills
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills, reliability, good time management
- Ability to work with colleagues in different time zones
- Strong attention to detail, problem-solving and analytical skills required.
- Ability to work well with others, meet deadlines, and respond to changes in priorities
- Teamwork and productivity
- Fluency in English, good command of Arabic (written and spoken) and French
This position is being offered and hired by Internews Network. Benefits will be consistent with Internews Network’s offerings and will be reviewed during the hiring process. Additional information can be found on our About Working for Internews page.