NGO Jobs in Abuja –EnCompass seeks Gender and Inclusive Development,(Senior) Capacity Strengthening and Learning Specialist, and (Senior) Performance Monitoring Specialist candidates for an anticipated five-year United States Agency for International Development (USAID) monitoring, evaluation, and learning (MEL) program in Nigeria. The position will be full-time and be based in Abuja with travel throughout the country.
Position Duties and Responsibilities-NGO Jobs in Abuja
The Gender and Inclusive Development Specialist will provide expertise in inclusive programming to technical assistance activities, ensuring the effective integration of gender- and vulnerability- sensitive approaches. Such duties may include designing and conducting gender analysis and assessments; supporting monitoring and evaluation; preparing high quality reports and technical resources; conducting field work; and designing and facilitating face-to-face and virtual trainings related to gender equality and female empowerment.
Position Requirements-NGO Jobs in Abuja
- Graduate degree in gender studies, international development, organizational development, social science, or a related field preferred
- No less than five (5) years of demonstrated experience in gender analysis, gender integration, and/or gender-based violence, with preference for work on USG-funded activities, preferably in Nigeria or West Africa
- Demonstrated experience applying a variety of participatory and strengths-based learning design and delivery approaches, blended learning and evidence-based learning theory desirable but not required
- Experience in monitoring and evaluation and/or capacity building highly preferred
Experience and Skills
- Ability to work with host-country governments at different levels
- Substantial experience in managing a team using mixed research methods of similar magnitude
- Strong communication, supervision, and management skills required
- Working knowledge of and experience with USG-funded program management, policies, regulations and procedures
- Strong familiarity with USAID CLA practices preferred
- Understanding of gender norms and social constraints in the Nigerian context required
- Nigerian citizens strongly encouraged to apply
- Familiarity with USAID/Nigeria Mission is preferred
- Excellent communication, both verbal and written English skills; capabilities in local language(s) highly preferred.