NGO Jobs in Uganda-International Development Group seek to recruits Communication & Knowledge Management Specialist Kampala, Uganda-
RTI promote the thought leadership of all staff members, holding events each year to seed and nurture their ideas—including an annual internship showcase and employee ideathon. We facilitate more than 5,000 training opportunities each year through our own RTI University, and we provide education assistance for academic study and professional certifications. For researchers seeking to develop scientific leadership, the RTI Fellow Program, RTI Press, and other programs offer specific opportunities through funding and peer-reviewed publication of original, investigator-led research.
- Develop and disseminate an Activity Communications Strategy to raise awareness of the Activity to all stakeholders;
- Manage implementation of the Activity Strategic Communications Plan and collaborate with the technical team on their roles in communications and stakeholder engagement;
- Ensure USAID and Activity marking and branding guidelines and plans are adhered to internally and externally by all project partners and stakeholders;
- Support technical activities related to social behavior change communications advocacy with communications and social media outreach;
- Develop communication tools (newsletters, pamphlets, project briefs) as needed and provide news releases to radio, television, and electronic media and liaise with media personnel to publicize;
- Prepare case studies and other Activity-related documentation, press releases, project summaries, fact sheets, social media posts, and other communications materials to highlight Activity successes and learnings;
- Organize periodic meetings for the stakeholders to exchange experiences and reinforce their efforts for change such as Innovations Fairs, Learning Markets, etc.;
- Work with technical managers to write Activity reports, success stories and lessons learned, and train staff on effective photography;
- Design and develop Activity materials/publications and identify appropriate ways to publicize and disseminate them and other Activity related information;
- Develop an information resource database for the Activity; collect and compile materials from team members for sharing and submitting to USAID website (and GOU agency websites, if required);
- Write articles on the Activity including technical notes, best practices, lessons learned and contributions to USAID publications and local media outlets;
- Contribute to the development and preparation of annual work plans, quarterly reports, and other reports to USAID; edit, format, and design these documents;
- Promote knowledge sharing through the organization’s processes, systems, and departments/units by helping develop and strengthen links between them to facilitate exchange of information;
- Identify and organize participation in key public events and campaigns that relate to the Activity’s technical objectives;
- Identify and supervise external contractors to successfully implement the Activity’s communications activities;
- Serve as technical lead for the Activity’s grants focused on communications activities including developing a strategy for them, identifying important themes, potential grantees, and providing guidance for the implementation of communications-related grants;
- Liaise closely with RTI’s Home Office Communications Team and the USAID DOC;
- Complete any other duties/activities in line with the Activity’s objectives, the employee’s abilities, and as directed by their supervisor.
NGO Jobs in Uganda-Minimum Required Education & Experience
- Master’s degree and 3 years of experience or a bachelor’s degree and 6 years of experience.
- 3-6 years of experience in communications, knowledge management, and outreach.
- USAID communications experience at reporting level preferred.
- Experience preparing communications plans.
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically about communications objectives
NGO Jobs in Uganda-Skills & Abilities
- Strong communications, interpersonal, and relationship building skills.
- Excellent knowledge of MS Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel, and design software.
- Must be fluent in written and spoken English.
- Strong influencing and coaching skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and meet deadlines under pressure.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Ability to work independently and within matrixed project and program teams.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Culturally sensitive and respectful.
- Demonstrates commitment to RTI’s mission, vision, and values.