NGOJobs Niger-CARE is seeking an experienced Strategic Learning Lead to spearhead the Collaborative Learning and adaptation (CLA) approach for the critical five-year Hamzari Program (October 2018 – October 2023).
Job Title: NGOJobs Niger-CARE – Strategic Learning Lead
Work Location: Niger – Niamey Type of Post: Accompanied – Family
Other Possible Location : Funding: APPROVED
Expected Travel: up to 50% Type of Contract :
Language Requirement: FRENCH AND ENGLISH
Employee Duration: Active Full-Time
This position is a designated ‘Key Personnel’ position assigned to this project and identified as a critical role in the success and implementation of the project. Hamzari is a USD $33 million USAID funded project with a mission to enhance food, nutrition, and economic security, targeting the three most vulnerable communes based on indicators by the Government of Niger.
The Strategic Learning Lead collaborates with the Chief of Party and Food Security Technical Coordinator to drive learning and create, implement, and integrate learning linkages. S/he will develop learning synergies, along with a continuous learning loop with the Monitoring & Evaluation Lead and the M&E team. Engaging all project stakeholders, the Strategic Learning Lead will develop tools, gather information, and publish success stories and lessons emerging from program implementation and ensuring quality communications to external stakeholders. S/he will serve as a member of Hamzari’s Program Management Unit (PMU), which will coordinate interventions; develop implementation guidelines; measure project progress, performance, and impact; ensure cross-sectoral integration, and manage the integration of learning and innovation.
The Strategic Learning Lead will ensure that Hamzari project staff is ready and able to engage in learning plans and behaviors as described in USAID’s CLA framework. S/he will lead the implementation of the learning agenda for the whole project, acting as a focal point to connect internal and external actors and learning, as a driver of learning behaviors and the comprehensive learning agenda (to further inform program adaptation), as a coach who supports others to learn, and as a coordinator of key learning activities both inside and outside of the project. As Hamzari is a Refine and Implement program; research, learning, coordination with partners and stakeholders, and program refinement will be the primary focus of the first year in terms of the Learning Agenda. The activities of this first year will be critically important for laying a foundation for learning and implementation throughout the program life cycle. S/he will manage the Knowledge Management/Communications Manager, based in Maradi.
This position requires extensive travel with 50% of the time spent in project field sites. Pending lifting of movement restrictions due to COVID -19, the incumbent should be willing to perform regular field visits, performing monthly field trips at the commune and village levels to collect lessons learned and success stories, and interact with field staff on various technical approaches.
This position is located in Niamey, Niger, and reports directly to the Chief of Party- Hamzari Program.
Responsibilities: NGOJobs Niger-CARE
- Co-creating, integrating and implementing the learning agenda for each project
- Develop and implement internal and external communications and planning
- Staff management, leadership and overall development of project teams
- Other duties as assigned by manager
Qualifications: NGOJobs Niger-CARE
- Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 7 years of directly related experience. Master’s degree preferred with a minimum of 5 years of directly related experience
- Demonstrated experience in Monitoring & Evaluation of USAID funded programs required
- Must have experience working in the Africa Regions. West Africa is highly desired
- Demonstrated experience in knowledge management, organizational learning, planning, facilitation, capacity strengthening, and collaborative learning and adaptation
- Must possess the ability to build and maintain partnerships and productive working relationships with a wide variety of stakeholders, both internal and external to the organization
- Ability to translate complex and complicated ideas into easily accessible and understandable concepts and/or messages
- Demonstrated understanding of how to develop high-quality documents that summarizes large amounts of information for easy access and use by internal and external partners
- Full professional proficiency in both English and French is required
- Excellent, high-level, demonstrated written and oral presentation skills in both English and French is required.
- Facilitation and meeting/workshop management skills are required
- Experienced in the use of desktop publishing software such as Microsoft Publisher, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop, and PowerPoint is required
- Must be able to travel to program areas in Niger as required
There are individuals who may use CARE’s name and trademark in emails and on websites in an attempt to solicit fees from interested job-seekers. Some examples of these fees are placement fees or immigration processing fees. CARE does not use recruiting or placement agencies that charge candidates an up-front fee of any kind. Occasionally, CARE does employ recruiting or placement agencies to help us identify candidates for specific employment within CARE. If you’re contacted by a legitimate recruiting or placement agency, there should be no charge to you. If you suspect that you have been a victim of fraud from someone purporting to be CARE, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.