Nigeria NGO Jobs-The Human Resource Manager (HRM) will design, communicate and implement HR plans and policies.
He/she will ensure delivery of HR operations to support the project and organization including, but not limited to; Recruitment, Orientation, Compensation & Benefits, Performance Management, Staff development and other HR activities. The incumbent is expected to work with/coordinate with other roles.
Overview: We are looking, on behalf of a NGO, for a qualified Human Resource Manager (HRM), with previous work experience in non profit organisations in Nigeria, to support both its organizational HR needs and the specific requirements of the five-year USAID-funded Youth Powered Ecosystem for Adolescent Health project
The focuse will be on empowering youth to think about their futures differently and to access the skills, social capital, and resources to make it happen. The primary goal is to improve the health and well-being of urban, poor adolescents age 15–19 by increasing voluntary family planning (FP) uptake and continued use—from a holistic, human capital perspective.
The HRM will work closely with the YPE4AH Program Manager and take overall HR responsibilities for the project sites in both program locations supported through this program. The HRM will report to the NGO’s ED and Director of Finance and Admin.
Nigeria NGO Jobs-Human Resource Manager
Project Duration: 5 Years (with Annual Work Agreement Renewals)
Location: Lagos (frequent travel to Kano)
Start Date: August 2020
Priority Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Provide Strategic HR Leadership;
- Ensure full implementation of defined HR standards and good practices;
- Advice on organizational & job design/redesign to support changing strategic priorities;
- Provide overall leadership in HR & staff development strategies;
- Ensure Compliance and Governance;
- Ensure and enforce program teams’ compliance with all set policies and procedures;
- Ensure programmes teams’ service providers/suppliers following the terms and conditions of the relevant contracts;
- Implement and ensure compliance of the USAID Policies, processes and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
Coordinate Recruitment & Orientation:
- Manages the recruitment of qualified and committed staff, including preparing job profiles & vacancy announcements, reviewing the applicants, and participating in the selection process.
- Designs and monitors the orientation and integration of new co-workers, and personally delivers core components of the orientation.
Facilitate Staff Training & Development:
- Assesses staff training & development needs and design appropriate training & development plans;
- Coordinate the initial and ongoing training of staff cooperation with training personnel;
- Identifies growth and development opportunities for high potential co-workers/talents;
- Facilitate management & leadership development initiatives for key staff in cooperation.
Coordinate Performance Management:
- Implements and coordinates the performance management/appraisal system, ensuring co-workers
- receive regular reviews and formal appraisals;
- Build internal competence in performance management through facilitating on-going training and support of line managers;
Administer Remuneration & HR Policies:
- Administer HR policies including terms & conditions of service, salaries & benefits, employment contracts, leave records etc.;
- Regularly review and benchmark remuneration & HR policies, and proposes necessary adjustments or new policies to ensure the organization remains competitive;
- Ensures complete and up-to-date employment documentation and confidential handling of employee information.
- Maintains and reports on key HR data (employee turnover, etc.).;
- Build a Positive Work Environment.
- Advises on the correct application of employment legislation;
- Engender an environment of positive cooperation, professional conduct and appropriate discipline;
- Advice on disciplinary matters and ensures correct procedures are followed at all times;
- Provide support, understanding and counsel to staff at all levels;
- Help to overcome communication problems, and to resolve conflicts and major employee grievances.
- Facilitate Staff Phase-Out;
- Ensure proper planning and preparation in respect of departing and retiring co-workers, including
- pre-retirement support, succession planning, facilitate handovers, payment of terminal dues etc.
- Conduct exits interviews to ascertain coworkers’ opinions and support them regarding pension & medical needs etc.
- Advice on termination of staff, and ensure compliance with legal/labour law requirements.
Child Safeguarding and Safety:
- Maintain overall responsibility for ensuring that proper background checks are conducted during
- the recruitment process for co-workers;
- Ensure all staff and volunteers are trained on and assent to the NGO’s Child Safeguarding/Child Protection Policy and enforce functional feedback mechanism to track compliance;
- Design system to ensure staff and clients are safe at all program areas and spaces.
- Master Degree in Human Resource strongly preferred, or related field. Bachelor’s degree required.
Experience, Skills, and Minimum Qualifications:
- Minimum 8 years of working experience at the managerial level in HR, as a generalist, in a Nigeria Organization;
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in a non-governmental organization, preferably an INGO;
- Experience leading HR management for previous USAID-funded projects/organizations is an advantage;
- Demonstrable experience with Human Resources metrics;
- Knowledge of HR systems and databases;
- Ability to architect strategy along with leadership skills;
- Excellent active listening, negotiation and presentation skills;
- Competence to build and effectively manage interpersonal relationships at all levels of the company;
- In-depth knowledge of labour law and HR best practices;
- The desired candidate must be people-oriented and results-driven.
How to apply
Applications and updated CV should be submitted to email@example.com, under the title: DRS ref number 10805.
Due to the high number of applications received, we can reply to shortlisted candidates only. Please note that the above requirements can be modified during the recruitment process according to client’s procedures.
- Job City Lagos