The programme impact will be an improved health and nutrition status for the population that saves lives and reduces morbidity (including maternal, infant and under-5 mortality), and has the following three principal outcomes:
- Improved health and nutrition services for the population, especially women and children;
- Improved community engagement and accountability of health services;
- Stabilisation of local health systems.
To attain these outcomes, the project team is responsible for:
- Effective programme management, including robust risk management;
- Ensuring continuity of and support to service delivery, with a focus on improving quality;
- Specialist technical assistance covering health service delivery, community engagement, nutrition, health planning, information and HRH.
- Procurement and supply chain management of essential medical commodities
- Management of the Implementing Partner fund
- Management of fiduciary risk associated with use of donor funds;
This position is required to have a strong knowledge and commitment to security and operations within a demanding environment (South Sudan) utilising all previous experience and skills to prevent hazards and threats to safety and Operations. Demonstrate excellent surveillance and emergency response skills. Create and preserve an environment where employees, visitors and property are safe and protected. Management of the operational team, ensuring all procedures are kept up to date and adhered to.
- Assume responsibility for the day to day security and logistics arrangements for all project staff, sites and assets in South Sudan.
- Conduct security assessments of all project sites including offices, accommodation and warehousing and make suggestions for improvements.
- Conduct regular security assessments of all project sites including those run by 3rd parties to ensure secure storage of stock.
- Liaison with security contractors, Security advisors at the British Embassy, and with the Crown Agents Security provider, to ensure up to date information is available, and that project staff are fully briefed on the security situation.
- Provide a security briefing to all visiting staff and consultants on the day of arrival in Juba
- Provide advice to the project team of any in country personal security measures.
- Be prepared to escort vehicles and project staff between locations throughout South Sudan and advise on ‘actions on’ and which regions are too insecure to travel to.
- Monitor operational skype for all Operational and Security queries.
- Organise and establish sound systems for effective and efficient oversight and management of CA-South Sudan programme procurement and logistics.
- Ensure that the asset register is up to date at all times
- Ensure that clear security SOPs are developed, written up and kept up to date
- Ensure that a staff movement tracker is updated regularly
- Ensures FLAC cases are recorded and followed-up with the rest of the project team
- Ensure all local procurements adhere to CA Procedures.
- Ensure Operations team maintain all logistic records, including efficient filing system for storing procurement documentation to facilitate tracking and auditing.
- Ensure all project Staff within the field operations understand and implement all CA Security and operational procedures.
- Provide cover for absences on leave/sickness for other members of the Team
- Any other duties are requested by the project Team, commensurate with experience.
- Higher education standards are required
- Extensive military and commercial experience
- East African experience preferred
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Computer literate
- Financially literate
- Drivers licence
Reporting and communication
- This position reports to the Operations Director in Juba
- Direct line of communication to the Programme Director in the UK to report any security incidents
You’ll be working with Crown Agents which is a high impact social enterprise passionate about transforming the future for millions of people. Since our creation in 1833 we have worked across the globe to improve public services and drive economic growth. Our expertise is finding new solutions to difficult problems for clients in the areas of health, governance, economic growth, humanitarian action and supply chain services. We work with and train leaders at local, national and international level to achieve lasting change drawing on our insight and experience.
About what’s on offer
Crown Agents offers a competitive benefits package.